The container store.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
OK,

So maybe this isn't the place for the post, but I went to a place on North and Halsted today called 'The Container Store' The place was like T enclosure heaven! Plenty of great, well locking glass and plastic jars, as well as several qute inventive rack/shelving systems. I also found some that looked about the same size and shape as the one's Martin posted about that I know Botar and a few others were looking for. Obviously not all the things they sold were suitable, but I found a series of very thick, heavy duty, and crystal clear plastic containers ranging from sling to T. blondi size there, with very nice and secure lids on them. I bought a handful so I can change my A. versicolor's vial to something a little nicer, and prepare a home for the X. immanis and H. lividum I'm picking up friday. All in all, definately worth checking out if you live in Chicago.

Bill

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you can, post a picture of them with something for size reference. (your head maybe?)=D Thanks for the info, I'll check to see if they've got a website.

Botar

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I only picked up the smaller, to scale version. My H. lividum is only gonna be a half inch ;)

I will be swinging in there after I no doubt buy more tarantulas friday than I expected to, to pick up more. I'll get you some dimensions then.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
The second post are the exact model I got. The plastic is hard, unlike the first ones, which looked more rubbermaidish, and didn't float my boat.

One thing to note though, the second (unfortunately a bit more expensive) brand is VERY hard to melt through, unless you've got a soldering iron. Heating up the nail won't cut it for these.

Bill