The. C. darlingi are here!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats right! My new beautiful girls have made it home safe and alive.. Beautiful! I have never seen one of these in person before! And.. All I can say is WOW! These girls are gorgeous!

Nice plump rear ends.. Ok... Ok... Enough yappin about it.. Here they are..

Here is a picture of their enclosure.. Both are identical so I only took a picture of one..

I kinda started a burrow for them..

Here is the first girl.. She is a little shy..

Here is a couple of the second girl.. She is a darlingi! LoL! {D (Darling.. Darlingi... Get it? No? Ok.. On to the pictures.. :})

Ok.. So there they are.. I am super please with them.. :D My goodness.. That horn is so cool looking! Ok.. I have to go off to town now.. I will be back later.. :D

*Note* The G. rosea that my sister decided she didnt want appears to be making an egg sac.. :eek:

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
beautiful! I can't wait till mine gets bigger. Mine is only about 1" and is in pre-molt. Hopefully it will start showing the horn.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful! I can't wait till mine gets bigger. Mine is only about 1" and is in pre-molt. Hopefully it will start showing the horn.
Thanks! :D
Are these fast growers? I have another one that is coming from Paul.. Its only a little sling.. So I will get to watch one grow.. I couldnt pass up the deal on these 2 girls..

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats Tommy! This is a fantastic species and genus. I have some darlingii and marshali and love 'em! I've found that mine like things pretty dry so you may want to dial back the moisture a bit.

Enjoy your horny little spiders!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Tommy! This is a fantastic species and genus. I have some darlingii and marshali and love 'em! I've found that mine like things pretty dry so you may want to dial back the moisture a bit.

Enjoy your horny little spiders!
Ahh.. Thanks for the tip.. I thought I read somewhere that they were more humid.. I will let them dry out.. The guy I got them from told me they liked it dry after I done misted the enclosure.. LoL.. I thought.. Well dang.. I shouldnt have misted it so heavy.. Plus the substrate is freshly made.. :D

I will let them dry out a bit.. Thanks for the tip again.. Moltar.. :D

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gotta love the darlingi. I have 2 juveniles. Both are looking female ventrally. I got them in September 2009 and each one has only molted for me once. Can't wait for the nubs to become full blown horns.

I hope you didn't have any troubles unpacking. When I unpacked my two, the first one threatened to bite me when I moved it into its container, and the second one ran behind my desk!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gotta love the darlingi. I have 2 juveniles. Both are looking female ventrally. I got them in September 2009 and each one has only molted for me once. Can't wait for the nubs to become full blown horns.

I hope you didn't have any troubles unpacking. When I unpacked my two, the first one threatened to bite me when I moved it into its container, and the second one ran behind my desk!
So I take it they are pretty slow growers..

They didnt give any roblems unpacking them.. I pulled them out of the vial then unrolled the tissue that was used.. Both of them walked off of the tissue.. Being real smooth about it.. The second one let my mom rub on her rump & horn.. LoL! The first one was more of a oh crap lets tuck away and hide!

I hope I dont have a problem out of my baby darlingi that I am getting tomorrow.. :eek:

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I take it they are pretty slow growers..

They didnt give any roblems unpacking them.. I pulled them out of the vial then unrolled the tissue that was used.. Both of them walked off of the tissue.. Being real smooth about it.. The second one let my mom rub on her rump & horn.. LoL! The first one was more of a oh crap lets tuck away and hide!

I hope I dont have a problem out of my baby darlingi that I am getting tomorrow.. :eek:
That'll probably wear off fast....the seemingly calm temper...I've had one of my C. darlingi get into a threat posture after I dropped a mealworm right in front of it :D.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have two of these and their attitudes are polar opposites. One is every bit as ferocious as a stereotypical P. murinus but the other couldn't really care if i'm bothering it or not, almost "rosie-esque" in its indifference.

I think they grow fairly quickly. The two 1" slings I got about a year ago are now pushing 3".

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Tommy, they're both gorgeous! :) I really like that last picture.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Gotta love that horn! Those tarantulas are awesome :drool:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have two of these and their attitudes are polar opposites. One is every bit as ferocious as a stereotypical P. murinus but the other couldn't really care if i'm bothering it or not, almost "rosie-esque" in its indifference.

I think they grow fairly quickly. The two 1" slings I got about a year ago are now pushing 3".
Yay! I dont have to wait forever for it to grow! LoL! These 2 seem to be "rosie-esque"... Though that might change after not being bothered..

Congrats Tommy, they're both gorgeous! :) I really like that last picture.
Thanks Ariel! :D
Gotta love that horn! Those tarantulas are awesome :drool:
They really are.. :D

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Darling Darlingi.....lol dont quit your day job...;P:Dhehehe:clap: Wow... Those are Great T's... you have added on to your collect Tommy....:clap:Impressive... Nice grab... i have not owned any horned T's before... always liked their look, but i just havent got arround to them just yet;).... Glad your enjoying them bro!!! More pics!!! Please...:D Congrats.....

Peace
Armando

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Darling Darlingi.....lol dont quit your day job...;P:Dhehehe:clap: Wow... Those are Great T's... you have added on to your collect Tommy....:clap:Impressive... Nice grab... i have not owned any horned T's before... always liked their look, but i just havent got arround to them just yet;).... Glad your enjoying them bro!!! More pics!!! Please...:D Congrats.....

Peace
Armando
Thanks bubba! I will work on gettting some "better" pictures up.. ;) Oh.. I have also decided to name one Sudoku.. Just for you... :p

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
WOW! They are gorgeous! :D Huge congrats

My little sling that I got from Paul has been a regular molter and nearly doubled in size since I got it.. so yeah, I'd say they grow decently fast :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW! They are gorgeous! :D Huge congrats

My little sling that I got from Paul has been a regular molter and nearly doubled in size since I got it.. so yeah, I'd say they grow decently fast :)
Thanks Jairi!