The Beautiful Juvie P.irminia Pictures(spidertwin??!)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful.. amazing..spectacular..astounding...

all the words that come to mind when i think of Soleil Moon Frye....
and a P.irminia ;P =D

so here we go (also a cheap ploy to get you to read one of my favourite books of all time, The Master And Margarita, by Buglakov :) )

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pic #2 -- check out that bug! You gotta love those markings on the legs!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Very nice pics! I took a couple pics of my Suntiger but they turned out extremly blurry. The Only one i think that turned out was the one of her web. But the pics were takin with a regular camera so I need to scan my pics so i can put them up.

TheDon

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh , Psalmopoeus irminia is definitely one of the most beautiful T's... I purchased little one three days ago and probably I will get it tomorrow... :D I can not wait... =D

Thanks for sharing great pics :)

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice pics Dave,
I really want one, but trying to decide which T to get next is the fun part:?
But there is no doubt they are an awesome T, I know they are quick, but I will look into getting one fairly soon.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh just get one :)

that or a formosa... or a pulcher... man
just buy them all!

peace
dave

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What do you feed that puppy?

Dave - do you normally just feed it crickets? Mine just won't really eat anything - I've seen it eat 1 cricket in the past 2 months or so, doesn't like beatles or mealworms.... I've got a pseudo-big terrarium - what about butterflies? That would look really cool to see mine pounce on one.

Either way, mine's abdomen is quite a bit skinnier than yours, just wondered if you had a secret.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i feed butterflies to one of my Red Phases.. in fact, thats all she pretty much eats...

as for the irm, mine older one eats like a freaking pig. Seriously. Hands down, the best eater i've ever seen (way over Rosie O'Donnel here)

I feed mine crickets, sometimes a roach, sometimes a pinkie.. occasionally a superworm (just for some variety).. never had a problem..

although i threw a cricket in an hour ago, and the little one isn't eating that, but i just switched him/her to a new cage, so we'll see.. but in the vial, on the way home, it took down 3 crickets in one sitting..

just the trials and tribulations of owning T's..

However if you really want to try to get yours to eat, try the food ICU. It's a tried-and-true method in our family..

let me know!
post a pic!! =D

peace
dave

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Food ICU?

You might have to inform me about the Food ICU - is this something in the TKG that I missed?

I kinda remember something about it from somewhere - maybe a forum post? I tried to search, but ICU is only 3 chars so the forum wouldn't let me.:mad:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, its not in the TKG. Its just a spin-off on the ICU but for food.. I've posted it a couple times in here.... hold on, let me do a search for it...

Ah, here we go. This is the last time i posted about the FOOD ICU:
--------
<Haha No worries:
<
<Regardless of any crazy and seemingly insane info you get on <this forum, what matters is, that people who care and love <these animals have figured out certain things that can aid <in 'raising' T's!
<
<My father showed this to me when i was really young, and i'm <sure I can't be the only one that uses a FOOD ICU.
<
<Basically, its like I described:
<(just a deli cup with slightly damp substrate and a warm <papertowel over the airholes in a dark, quiet place)...
<
<In mine, its a normal size deli cup for the bigger slings, but for <the smaller slings, i use a condiment cup. I take some eco earth <and pack it down REAL tight (about an 1" down). I obviously <have many air holes poked in the top, and i (don't ask why) <place a nice, warm, damp papertowel over the lid of the FOOD <ICU, after i put the T in followed by the cricket. Then, i place the <whole FOOD ICU in a dark cupboard above my fridge, but you <can put it anywhere dark, not drafty, and quiet.
<
<It may take your T a while to get used to it, but whenever I <have problems feeding any of my T's, i use my FOOD ICU and <presto -- starts eating.
<
<And like i said, I originally thought that there would be some <kind of conditioning for the T (in regards to feeding in the deli <cup), but like i said, years and years of this has proven me <wrong. They certainly get used to crickets "falling out of the sky" <(as someone on this forum so perfectly put it) and they get <used to being helped out of bad molts, and they get used to not <really having to search for a mate... and they get used to the <FOOD ICU.
<
<It prompts the feeding response, and starts them eating.. the <key, though, is knowing when to STOP the FOOD ICU. i use it for <about 3 weeks, and then try feeding back in the cage.
<
<I know some bio/arachno friends who use this method. It's <great! Just make sure to check on the sling,so its not getting <eaten... But def. leave it alone for a couple mins (8-10-30?)....
<
<and also, if you just got your T's, they may be afflicted with <Shipping Syndrome, which is basically just saying that they're <stressed and shocked from shipping, and it takes them some <time to adjust to their new home..
<
<But if all else fails, try the FOOD ICU - i think you'll be surprised!
<
<whew.
<
<
<peace,
<dave
------
so there you go.. it's worked wonders for me and my family, and i know some other people have told me it works great for them..

good luck!
Dave :)

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sweet - Thanks for the info! I'll give that a shot if he/she/it doesn't start eating before too long.....

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there ya go! it works (at least for me and the people i know ;P)

peace and good luck!
dave

Mike G.

Arachnopeon
RugbyDave,
Nice bugs......now lets see some pics of Soleil Moon Frye!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike G.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha oh man, would i get slapped down like nothing if i posted those :)

we'll stick to the T's =D

later
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
come on then, let's see some adult pics :) Let's see who i'll be breeding my bad boy with (or girl, we don't know yet!) :)

pce
dave