The Aboreal God!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The Aboreal Goddess!

ok as you know i just got my suntiger!(P. irminia) Isis =D

ok shes about 1.5 inch (not sure shes has i havnt had her out but thats my best guess) and iw as wondering at that size what do they need? at the mo i got her in a jar, with a fake plant thing in there which has a leafs, which she has hidden herself into.

does she need a water dish? will she need a bigger enclosure?

oh and any got any experiance with handeling these gorgeous babes!?when i transffered her from the vail to jar she escaped and oh my god! i thought nova was fast but Isis is quicker than the eye!

Thanks for your help people

Last edited:

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have P.irminia,cambridgei,and reduncus. I found the best way to move them is to put the old container into the new and let them come out on there own.Mine are in tall jars ,no water dish .My P.cambridgei is larger +/- 5" he is in a 2-1/2 gallon tank,with a water dish. I usually mist every 2-3 days and they are doing just fine.

Doug

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've got my 2" P. Irminia in a 5-gallon acrylic pet aquarium, with about 1" peat substrate, a water bowl with rocks in it, and a couple of strands of sythetic white flowery things. Currently he has made a little hide on the ground attached to the plants, and spends a lot of time in there. When I mist, it likes to run around and drink the water off of the sides of the enclosure.

I tried to brush him onto my hand to handle once, but he looked pissed - no threat position, but was reluctant to move, and kept spreading out its fangs - I let it be after that.

Does yours eat well? Mine just molted about a week ago, and hasn't eaten since. I've had it for about 2 months, and only saw it eat one crik in that time too. His abdomen is much skinnier than I'm used to, but that is likely just because it's an aboreal......

They are BEAUTIFUL spides though! (those legs!)

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I have a 2 1/2" Suntiger. She is amazing looking already has the adult color except for the abdomen which is still pretty orange. T have it in a Medium Petpal for now and I think she is just about to molt. I wouldnt handle her right now especially because she is lightning fast I swear she teleports but she has never shown me a threat posture always chosen to bolt. Also I must say she has an amazing tube web attached to a log that i have in there which she has been in for about 10 days now. So u might not see yours alot although i can see her through the side of the tank. Good luck with yours they are a beautiful Tarantula. And about changing them to a larger tank i agree with Doug H. put the smaller enclosure into the bigger tank and let it come out in its own! as i said lightning fast!

TheDon

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well i got a 7 by 3 inch pet pal which i can turn on its side should i put her in that?