thats odd...i thought cobalt blues burrowed..

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my cobalt blue refuses to burrow...its almost like she is content being terrestrial! i have like just about 4 1/4 inches of peat moss and potting soil mix in her tank and there is plenty of room in between her and the top of the kritter keeper, yet she does not even attempt to build a burrow...could there be something wrong with her??? i know the humidity can't be too low for her because she isn't dehydrated...and i mist her and check the humidity like 5 times a day....i hope its a moult coming!

kairo

Arachnopeon
my cobalt didnt burrow until i started a burrow for her. you should try digging a little for your cobalt. it may also be stressed. sometimes they just need time.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i doubt she's stressed because she's eating just fine...i think the count is at 3 crickets today for her...and i also tried digging for her before, and she just filled the hole back up.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe it just doesn't prefer a burrow. Of course behaviorally it sounds like it could be a male. Males aren't too prone to make permanent housing because they're out trying to find a foxy, 8 legged date by going from burrow to burrow.

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Our cobalt wouldn't burrow for a long time. We figured out that it was the substrate, because she also wouldn't come down from the cieling. LOL

We tried different substrates, and finally she built a burrow when we put bone dry peat in. That is the only thing she will dig in. I also have a couple of T's that wont burrow on their own, but they will use a prefab burrow I construct for them (lazy....LOL)

Ali

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And I am stupid and just posted using my husbands username..LOL (I am on his computer, whoops!)

Alidpayne

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderFood
And I am stupid and just posted using my husbands username..LOL (I am on his computer, whoops!)

Alidpayne
Hah hah! ;P I see he likes the Decepticons. He's very smart. ;)

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not exactly a decepticon, but Unicron should have his own church. and his "jesus" Galvitron, quite merciless. reminds me of my P. murinus. mwaa ha ha haaaaaaa!!!

>:D

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
godzilla2000- she is definitely a she...she doesnt have any tibial spurs and she has the blue legs...pretty sure the blue legs are only with females in the h. lividums...;)