That had to sting! A croc/veterinarian encounter goes awry.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Needless to say, it did not end up in favour of the vet. Warning: graphic image may be upsetting to more sensitive viewers. You'll get another warning after clicking this link.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ow! Well I'm a vet student planning to work with wildlife or in a zoo so I guess I should heed this warning to not get too comfortable around these animals ;P

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I looks like he was eating "Thing" from The Addams Family.

At least the guy made it out alive with a lesson learnt and not death.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it is a disgrace to make this kind of comment
should i wait till ur limbs dropped and laugh the SH4t out at u and saying ur limb doesn't even look as good as the thing in adam's?
things happens, no matter how experienced and how learned u r
show some respect to the veteranian

they figure the zoo labeled the croc as nile, but found out it is salt water after
so it is possible that he treated the croc as nile then got bitten

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lies...I bet it tickled...kidding! I seen a reply there saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" {D ..But other than that, so sorry.

ta2edpop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got to hand it to that guy. Looks real painful. Big hand everybody.:clap:

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Thats Bull.....No way thats getting re-attached, it was torn not sliced...lol. In a violent death roll. Look at all the muscle tissue hanging out, those are the ligaments and tendons of the elbow and lower bicept....no chance of fixin that. The man got what he deserved for being stupid. Sucks but thats what you get. If I got bit by one of my hots I would expect no sympathy from anyone, let alone post pics of it...... {D

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think i heard in another story they did reattach it...now if it stays is a different story...good luck to the guy!

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats Bull.....No way thats getting re-attached, it was torn not sliced...lol. In a violent death roll. Look at all the muscle tissue hanging out, those are the ligaments and tendons of the elbow and lower bicept....no chance of fixin that. The man got what he deserved for being stupid. Sucks but thats what you get. If I got bit by one of my hots I would expect no sympathy from anyone, let alone post pics of it...... {D
I don't think he was stupid, maybe just too comfortable in its presence.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think i heard in another story they did reattach it...now if it stays is a different story...good luck to the guy!
no, it never happened

the media is balmming the zoo for mislabeling the croc as nile for years

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no, it never happened

the media is balmming the zoo for mislabeling the croc as nile for years
I don't see how mislabeling is an issue. Salt Water Crocs are more aggresive, but why would you treat a Nile Croc that large with any less respect? Or any crocodilian that large with any less respect? Definitly a tragic circumstance though either way. Apparently it had been sedated. The vet presumed it was under full sedation, turns out it wasn't. The vet survived after a lengthy operation. The up side is attendance at the zoo in Taiwan is way up.

Last edited: