Thank GOD for T's

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ya, most of the time I have very crazy day at work, when I get home I go straight to my room and look at my t's, feed them take pictures, read on them,go on arachnoboards every night, It's a real therapy for me and relax me alot.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have to agree, there is a certain calming effect when watching, feeding, etc. my "T's", with no side effects or hangover in the morning.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
same thing here.

im amazed at how much time i take watching em, feeding em and doing maintenance work. its really something that helps me forget work and relax my mind.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think You should contact psychiatrist.
The guy says tarantula help him to have a better life and you tell him to contact a psychiatrist, that's a smart thing to say:mad:

As I seen before on this board.

And the A$$0!e comment of the night goes to jw73

Last edited:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Me too. There's no better theropy than taking care of my pets after a hard day. TGFT's

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Therapy

There's TONS of research on the healing effects of pets (of almost any kind) and their ability to decrease stress, blood pressure, depression, etc. I'm guessing most of us would agree on the therapeutic effects of caring for our T's (as well as dogs, fish, snakes, scorps, and coatimundis). That's why I do most of my feeding/maint. on Monday, because it's usually a totally brutal day, and by the time I get home I just want to immerse myself in something pleasurable. I also am a huge believer in "Dirt Therapy" or gardening as it's commonly known. Same deal. Tony

Last edited:

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keeping T's is for the most part very relaxing. Partly from watching the feeding/growing, the anticipation of a new moult and a prettier looking and larger spider. Just knowing that they are relying on you for care helps you to focus. Also i do enjoy the little routine of feeding/cleaning/checking which is perhaps innate in people (the routine, i mean). It can have its downside, eg im still hoping my fangless blondi will at some point moult and get its fangs back, her tiny abdomen just may have enough reserves to grow a new skin! 20 years ago as a teenager if something bad happened to a spider I was totally freaked out, now I just accept that sometimes things do go wrong with the spiders and that would happen in nature anyway (well, assuming locally administered pesticides etc has nothing to do with it) and theres little that can be done about it.

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Presription "T"s

My "T"s are better than than any prescription drug.
When I get home from work one of the first things I do is visit my "T"s.
Buy the time I finish feeding and checking their water levels I have already forgotten the usual rotten day I spent in the factory. Luckily today is payday and Im of to puchase my first Lasiodora Difficilis. Now I Will have 10 little stress relievers. Going to need a bigger apartment.
Jason

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:
My "T"s are better than than any prescription drug.
When I get home from work one of the first things I do is visit my "T"s.
Buy the time I finish feeding and checking their water levels I have already forgotten the usual rotten day I spent in the factory. Luckily today is payday and Im of to puchase my first Lasiodora Difficilis. Now I Will have 10 little stress relievers. Going to need a bigger apartment.
Jason
well done :clap: :clap: and good luck to you and your ( T ) go man go :clap::clap: :) {D phil

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Now I Will have 10 little stress relievers. Going to need a bigger apartment.
Jason
With a wee bit of organization, you can actually keep everything on one shelf. Everything in my profile is kept on one shelf.

Here's an old picture:

I've since added a lot more stuff, but I still have a lot of room. I'll be making another shelf to put in where those 10 gallon tanks (barely pictured) are now when I run out of room. I should be able to have about 100 adult female tarantulas, 50 to 75 adult male tarantulas and a couple thousand slings by my own estimation.

I'm hoping to have about 60 centipedes in addition to those, as well as stag and herc breeding projects...but I don't have the specifics worked out yet.

Last edited:

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ayy, Good Therapy!

Yes, I agree. I can relate to how you all feel and I am no different. After a hard day of work, I relax in my T room where I get rid of my work boots and clothing. It seems that I always do check-ups on them. An empty water dish or new molt is never overlooked. Whenever my wife can't find me in the house, she knows where I'm at. Within the past 2 wks. I've boughts 10 new Ts. Where does it stop? Aw, what the heck, give me another shot of T!

Fred
So. Texas