Thank GOD for T's

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey All,

Just wondered how many of you utilize the therapy associated with T keeping? Had a really crappy day at work today and when I got home, I went to the T wall in my house and began watering, misting, feeding etc. After a while, the outlook seemed much better, even while pondering tomorrow. I know there is always good and bad days, but working with the spideys definitely takes some of the edge off. Anyone else "escape" with their T's?

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:D oohhh yea man, for me is a really good therapy, I can pass all day watching them, cleaning, feeding, moisting, etc.. when I'm sad or worried about something, I relax myself with my T's.. I'm the happiest man in the world when I'm with my T's and when I get a new one.. {D

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes I do. I find them very relaxing on a good or bad day. Even just routine cage maintenance or snapping a few photos of them puts me in a better mood. I look forward to checking on them after working all day. Wow, I gotta get out more... but yeah T's have a comforting effect on me too.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh yeah, most definately! Anytime I'm in a bad mood or stressed I just turn to my Ts. The feeding, watering, picture-taking, and sometimes handling of them really calms me down and gives me a better understanding and outlook.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
T's are definitely my "drug" of choice. seriously, it's so funny that T's are so freakin' simple and boring, but they can be the coolest things ever! i find that whenever I need a boost for one reason or another, I usually just browse online to look for a new T or I go to the local reptile store and browse for a new one. Another therapeutic tactic is to construct new enclosures for when my new ones arrive. It calms me down and gives me something to create.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Definitely a calming effect. Going to the swap in Wheaton, Il on Saturday and I gonna get another.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey All,

Just wondered how many of you utilize the therapy associated with T keeping? Had a really crappy day at work today and when I got home, I went to the T wall in my house and began watering, misting, feeding etc. After a while, the outlook seemed much better, even while pondering tomorrow. I know there is always good and bad days, but working with the spideys definitely takes some of the edge off. Anyone else "escape" with their T's?
I live with my ex (only for the time being because she is moving out because my mother owns the house) and when I come home I go right back to my tarantula walk in closet. because all my ex wants to do is argue and I'm to mature for that non sense. I even told her if there was ever a fire I'd save my Tarantulas and not her.. Sounds mean but its honest and my tarantulas make me more happy than she'll ever be able to any more hence her being my ex. I'm very happy with my Tarantulas and I'm also going to be getting a pit bull and a jungle carpet python...Think she's jealous now?....Wait until i get my other babies lol....Buahahahaha ;P ;P

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know what your sayin, its a great hobby:)

thank GOD for T's indeed!

Last edited:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, it is very relaxing and a de-stressing thing to do, even just doing routine care. Misting, filling water dishes, even just visual checks.

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very relaxing for me, too. First thing when coming home from work, I look to see which has molted. And waiting for an eggsac to hatch. Then I get out my roaches and feed some. Dogs may give unconditional love, but my T's give me unconditional I-don't-care-about-you-I just-want-food, which is fine with me.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh yeah definitly! bad day at work,battling crazy drivers,etc. i just go into my bug room and work on them and man what therapy:clap: it really works,then when i'm done with all of them i feel really good........so yeah THANK GOD FOR Ts!!

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I object to thanking "god" for anything, let alone tarantulas. But I can say I am thankful in general for a branch of the spider family that can make such a great, long-lived pet. The intricacies of thier simple lives can be amazing, such as watching them go through a complete grooming procedure. Doing little dances, like my rose does often and spinning neat webs. I suppose all my pets make me feel relaxed though.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well i think thats why i love T's. Ive kept other pets through the years and what i usually find is they become work when you get to many. Ive not yet once dreaded feeding time. in fact i look forward to it.
even when i had 200 slings in little cups i still never had the feeling that it was a job i had to get over with. i plan on expanding my small collection and dont think i will regret it. i catch myself in here looking for things to do even when i know that its all done.
i do also enjoy just setting and watching them. when they are active and visible that is. i figure the more i have the better chances are that whenever i want i will be able to find something to do with them.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This hobby, this website and the people on it helped me through a particularly tough time in my life and without either I would have probably turned to drugs and alcohol to fill the void in my life that this hobby now fills.

I feel I owe this hobby and this community more than I could ever give back.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's been proven that on average, people who keep pets live longer than those that don't. All my pets cheer me up, but I'm most impressed when it's my Ts that do it. I mean, my dog is like a teddy bear and the most friendly and lovable thing on the planet, of course she cheers people up, but the fact that a fuzzy eight legged thing that makes some people run screaming can have the same effect as my dog...

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This hobby, this website and the people on it helped me through a particularly tough time in my life and without either I would have probably turned to drugs and alcohol to fill the void in my life that this hobby now fills.

I feel I owe this hobby and this community more than I could ever give back.
very well said as with out them it would have been the drugs / alcohol / or a gun and i am not joking :( :( PHIL

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think You should contact psychiatrist.
your better off with the drugs. they are all nuts, and usually the first thing they do is give you drugs.
i know a guy. went for help. told them he was an alcoholic an was thinking of killing himself. they gave him pills. told him not to drink alot with them or it could kill him and sent him home. :?

thinking of suicide doesn't make you crazy. most people have those thoughts at some time through life. its actually pretty normal. i know a little about it cause i done it. they brought me back and i am glad they did but i am certainly not insane.