TEXAS Aphonopelma hunt

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A good-sized Aphonopelma hentzi hanging in her hole, waiting for the next meal to pass by (NE Texas).

Attachments

Last edited:

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found a couple of nice ones in Northern Texas (Gainesville). Where did you find yours?

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah..lol..where?
i am close to rockwall..i would love to go hunting with you, and have never found any anywhere near here.

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My wife and I were on vacation down in Gainesville visiting her Granny. About a month ago when it flooded, we headed into Muenster. It was not that bad out there and we were walking through the pasture. We found one sitting outside her burrow and my wife Shey, just reached down and picked her up. The MM we found was actually climbing the side of the house. The male died a few days ago, but Sally is doing great. We're going to be moving there in about a week or so.

baltazar

Arachnopeon
central texas is tarantula land

i have found many in lost mapels state park one time i caught a sling but it sadly died:wall:. Next time i go i am determind to get another one.:D.the strange thing is that i live in south texas in corpus christi which is one the coast but there are no Ts here that i can find just burrowing wolf spiders.:confused: