terraforming sling

omni

Arachnobaron
Wearing new clothes and reaching up trying to get closer is one of my five new slings, "Spade", the most diggingest(is that a word?) of all my baby T's.
Spade and his four 1/2" sibs are B. albopilosums. I don't have any experience with them, do b. albos burrow as adults, too? Industrious lil guys...
too bad the countour of the mini mountains doesn't show well, they are 3-4x his size!
Beside the dark piece of mealworm you may just make out the tiny skin from his molt this morning :)

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a curly hair and my (what i think is to be either an adult, sub adult or a juvenile) doesn't burrow at all...so in my opinion no they don't burrow.

Cringles

Arachnopeon
B. albopilosum sling truly is, its about 2cm leg span, huge rump, it always runs into its tunnel! ive never seen a T tunnel before so its good to see:D

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice Sling omni, and let me tell you that I have 3 slings of this sp. and two of them have made a burrow, I think that almost all brachypelma sp. make a burrow, not so deep like C. crawshayi or H. hercules. :?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do B. albos burrow as sling and as adults. The answer is yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!!!!!
They are big earthmovers and tunnelers. My slings have either been into building underground cities, or they will push all of the substrate to one side and create a hill, which they then burrow into.
The younger of my two females is a real earth mover, she digs and then picks up clumps with her pedipalps and moves them then pats them down with her front legs.
Enjoy it, the show just gets better as they get bigger!!!

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i plan on getting some B.Albos soon just so i can see tunnel networks.

JenNJay

Arachnopeon
burrowers

Our little albo doesn't seem to burrow too much. However, if you want to see some underground cities... pick up a Cyriopagopus sp "Singapore blue". lol... Once they are bigger, they tend to be more arboreal but our slings have all designed 3 story condo's in their substrate. It's awesome to watch an unsuspecting cricket wander into the "dining room", only to realize that he just became the main course. :D

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
albo's

I've got a few albo slings and 2 burrow/tunnel excavate like crazy, and the rest sit on top of the substrate like little rocks. It'll be interesting to see if there's a sex difference; ie if the burrowers are one sex and the rocks are another. Hmmm, will definitely keep track of who's who.

omni

Arachnobaron
2 out of my 5 just have a small pit, not real excavators it seems... I wonder, with burrowers, if you set the containers up covering the sides from light, will they dig the sides maybe could peel back the cover and see the burrows.
Its kinda like looking at a small ant farm. Peat is kinda loose, I think when I have to rehouse my burrowers, I'll try coconut fiber it packs better.

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 3 albo slings and all burrow. My large adult female doesnt though. So I guess they may burrow as young uns and maybe lose the habit as they grow old. But then again, these are my albos, maybe some have experienced otherwise...:)

timwaters2007

Arachnopeon
Ive not seen my curly hair sling for 3 weeks. The only way i know its alive is because its food is allways gone. Mine has 5 holes, which all lead to the same burrow at the bottom. Plus they come along with mini mountains.