Tempting the fates

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just snatched him up off the road and gave him a good scolding. Go ahead and be suicidal if you must, but not while I'm watching.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Just like a baby: "Why would I not try to jump out of my parents' arms and fall on the floor? I don't even believe in causality!"

The Snark

Old Timer
Just like a baby: "Why would I not try to jump out of my parents' arms and fall on the floor? I don't even believe in causality!"
What we in the emergency services sometimes refer to as the immortality syndrome. This syndrome of often followed by the 'DANG was that ever stupid' syndrome, ...in the survivors.

The Snark

Old Timer
PS Note the little trucker is still coated in mud. No doubt it just dug it's way out of hibernation.

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a common occurrence here in central Florida to find gopher tortoises crossing roads that cut across any suitable, albeit diminishing habitat. Unfortunately, despite their size, many people are unwilling to to help the critters cross the road, or at the very least adjust their direction based on the dehydrated evidence festering along the curbs. In Georgia I was witness to a very obvious deliberate hit by a truck driving just ahead of me. With the window down, the sound of an adult tortoise beneath the tire of a 4 by 4 was fairly unnerving.

The Snark

Old Timer
@1Lord Of Ants1 . Yes. Very sad. Roadways and animals don't mix. Especially when you take into account proper defensive driving techniques which warn against swerving to avoid an animal and possibly endangering yourself and other drivers. On an ambulance call I was on, a woman managed to avoid the dog crossing the street and struck 4 kids in a play yard instead.

Or a nasty scene where I deliberately ran over a German Shepherd. Heavy traffic at high speed on a curve, a couple of cars converged into my lane. Hit them and possibly cause a head on collision or smack the dog.