tempeture

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For those of you ( probably most of us) who have a walk in closet or a shed or some kind of room that you keep multiple T's in what tempeture is the room?

I had my walk in closet about 65 or so degrees raised it up to 75 degrees and now out most of my T's are out and about. and the one that had a cricket in his tank from last night up to right now he didn't touch it until I turned the heat up..So the reason most of them came out for a party is because the heat got turned up right? which made them more active? I think I'm right I just want to double check.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Tarantulas are cold blooded creatures...... when the temps are low they are less active, and when they are higher they are more active, so yes you are right..... 65 is a bit low for a long term arangment but its not going to kill them, 75 should make most of the species you have quite happy..............
If you ever have a male that you dont want to mature quite yet lowering the temps works well for staving off that maturing molt.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi my room is allways this time of year set at 75 / 77 F in summer the heat go off as it can get to 80/85 F in there :eek: :rolleyes: *** phil

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep my Ts at room temp which is between 65* and 72*F and i've never had any problems.

-Matty