Temperature

smkrus

Arachnopeon
The house is getting down to around 65F sometimes a little lower like 62-63F, and I'm wondering if this will harm my Ts. They are upstairs and it is just slightly hotter up there (maybe it gets down to 65 at the lowest).

What I own is in my profile.

I'm also wondering how much electricity will a small space heater for the upstairs room they are in eat up. So that I can hopefully keep the room at 75-80F.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Growth will slow at lower temperatures but your T's will be fine. Remember that warm air rises, so if you can move them to a higher location for the winter you can sometimes get a few extra degrees. I try to keep mine out of drafty locations as well. Humidity is lower in winter as well, so be sure to check water dishes more often and dampen substrate for those species who need more humidity. Diane

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is quite low...I would keep them a bit warmer.

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
I'm also wondering how much electricity will a small space heater for the upstairs room they are in eat up. So that I can hopefully keep the room at 75-80F.
Sometimes a larger, more efficient space heater can actually end up using less electricity than a smaller one. I use a floor tower style ceramic heater in my T room. Has a thermostat to automatically keep a set temperature, which is 78-80. In NH we have pretty expensive electricity, but has only added maybe $10 a month to my bills during the winter months. Found mine at the local wal-mart.