Tell me I have Pokie sexing down.

Euronymous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have two P. Regalis, one I sexed from a molt (amazing isn't it?). The other one, which is lighter is being a pain and eating the molt every time. I am almost positive it is a female.
I have been researching, a lot. I am having trouble coming up with a good top shot of any sub adults. Anyway, "she" is almost 6". She is not getting any darker, or "sharper" with the last couple molts. Her Chelicerae looks very female compaired to diagrams I have seen, which is hard to see in the picture. I tried to circle how wide it is, and how it almost touches the first set of book lungs. The bottom set have that curved shape.
I know this topic has been beat to death, I am just looking for verification on my particular animal from someone more experianced with pokies.
-Euronymous

Last edited:

Euronymous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Out of curiosity, are you going dorsal one that one? I was hoping you would hop on this thread. Thanks

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes I went on dorsal view, here is a female. You can clearly see why I don't think you have a female and am very confident about it. He should mature on this coming molt, maybe the molt after if he is going to be a big boy but I am betting the next one.

Euronymous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Big difference! Thanks for your help. Now I have two IM's 50/50X2. One is possibly sold. I will keep ten and do what you did. Thanks again.
-Euronymous

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Think I am starting to see it not sure though.

Camera refuses to focus. 3.5 P. Regalis

Correct me if I'm wrong or if it's to early to tell. Males have black in the center females have the all white pattern. Sorry pic is bad but you can see the stuff behind the cube really good. LOL.
Male right?

Last edited:

Euronymous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope your boys get you slings.
Me too. I got these two for $10 each from a pet shop thinking they were selling Avic Avic! lol. I hate caring for (multiple) slings, but this species is worth it. Let me know if need any males(though I'm sure you have a room full of them) in the near future-max ride away.
--Euronymous

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bosing that is one FAT spider. As for the sex I have no idea. That picture is far away. Get a ventral picture next time it is on the side of the container.

whitewolf- those pics are horrible. (no offense.) so I can't help there ether. Get another ventral picture farther away. Just make it clear if you can. (thinking female at this point)

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
whitewolf- those pics are horrible. (no offense.) so I can't help there ether. Get another ventral picture farther away. Just make it clear if you can. (thinking female at this point)
LOL none taken. Trying to talk it into moving off the paper towel now.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry to hi-jack... what about this one?

id say female, with my photo shop software i was able to increase the photo by ALOT and it looks very good distinct sharp pattern of a female on the carapace. but Ryan is right, a more clear up close photo is about the only way to be for sure.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Camera refuses to focus. 3.5 P. Regalis

Correct me if I'm wrong or if it's to early to tell. Males have black in the center females have the all white pattern. Sorry pic is bad but you can see the stuff behind the cube really good. LOL.
Male right?
if its digital try using the Macro option it will give u a far more clear image. if its professional camera then trying buying a macro lens to increase ur up close photo taking ability by 100X.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry to hi-jack... what about this one?

Photo seems fine to me. Looks girlie girl to me. You got two pokie slings for ten bucks? Way to score! I don't go in for them myself but I doubt I could have passed that up! Congrats.

-Sydney

Euronymous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
$20 for two! I prowl around pet shops looking for deals. My one was an OBT for $20 that I had to have for some reason, molt the next day into a MM. Still have him. Thought I had him sold, I didn't work out though.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Her Chelicerae looks very female compaired to diagrams I have seen, which is hard to see in the picture. I tried to circle how wide it is, and how it almost touches the first set of book lungs. The bottom set have that curved shape.

-Euronymous
Her Chelicerae are in front where fangs are, what you have circled is epigastric furrow.