Tell me about...................:)

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
your Pink Zebra Beauties (PZB)

I have 2, they are so tiny!!:cool:
They look more like ants than T's.=D
They have nice little tunnels dug in their vials.
One of them has dug to the bottom and cleared out all
of the substrate.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by sunnymarcie
your Pink Zebra Beauties (PZB)

I have 2, they are so tiny!!:cool:
They look more like ants than T's.=D
They have nice little tunnels dug in their vials.
One of them has dug to the bottom and cleared out all
of the substrate.

Well, you basically just described mine! =D

kellygirl

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I posted this in another thread..

Mine is pretty little too, and burrows quite alot. I think I put it in too big of a vial with too much substrate, I generally have about a 1 in 4 chance of being able to find it if I check in on it :)

Bill

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats small :)

you gotta be careful with those guys, if you have to dig through the substrate for anyreason -- its like "where's waldo" , only "where the sling", right

peace
dave

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Conipto, I saw that post. I think that's part of why I have
2 tiny PZB's. They are so small I am affraid to even touch
them right now. I would hate myself if I hurt one of them:(

TarantuChimp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did u breed them or is that bought from a person (insert better word than shop here)

they start so small, what do u have to feed them that small? small crickets?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you can start with flightless fruit flies, pin head crickets, or very very small crickets.

It's very frustrating to feed hundreds of slings untill you find a good method :)

As for me, pretty much half of my slings are from my own breeding, and about half are store bought. I'm not sure about everyone elses. I'm pretty sure most are either store bought, bought online, or traded. Alot of people will trade breeding pairs out (you send your male to me, I breed it with my female, and we split the eggsac) and then post the slings onto this forum!

oh yes, slings = spiderlings :)

peace,
dave

TarantuChimp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ha ha, Dave u r a piller of spider knowledge! ment in a VERY good way cheers.

they do the cutest things ;)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha Thanks man! =D

I'd say start with a Pink Zebra Beauty. I really dig this species as of lately! I really want to tell you to get a H.incei (Trinidad Olive), but theyre really not a good starter species. But their colours are amazing! Mine is fully olive green with orangish/whiteish leg tips, and a beautiful chevron-y feel to their abdomen...

but try a Pink Zeba Beauty T! They're really amazing T's!

peace dave :)

TarantuChimp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When people buy slings(see i am using the lingo) and they get sent through the POST?? all iam worried about as i have found a credible dealer, that I will end up with 1 dead/need of good therapy sling.

I live in the UK so i am not sure on what the rules are over here?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you have to find a dealer in the UK or possibly Western Europe. Check on the internet for details.

As for buying T's on the internet and getting them shipped to you, prettymuch every reputable dealer has a LIVE ARRIVAL deal if you pay the right shipping costs (overnight priority i believe).

So you're not stuck if it arrives dead. Most will refund your money, but a few very nice guys will resend you another T, or send you a nother T with a free one, or any number of things.

It's good to be nice :)

take care and good luck! don't worry, none of the good dealers will stiff you if it arrives dead. Some will even take care of you for a week or so!

peace
dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I don't know about the UK, but in the US it works in that they don't ask/care and I don't tell them what I"m getting. I get 80% + of my inverts via mail order and I have had no major problems with any of the dealers.

TarantuChimp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So how long does it normally take when u receive them in the post, there must be potential problems with mail? like taking weeks to get anywhere?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
again, i'm not 100% sure how it is across the ocean, but over here I pay $25 for shipping and get it the next day (save for 'Acts of god', of course), plus, with the reputable places, you get a promise of Live Arrival.

Great system. Give money through paypal, and get T's the next day at your home :)

peace
dave