Tell Me About This

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is this and what do you know about it? I think it is such a beautiful spider. I want one.

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, it's not a hunstman. Also, I believe wanderers are among the more dangerously venomous spiders are they not?

Atrax

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wandering Spiders (Ctenidae)

This is a wandering spider (family: Ctenidae), the species Cupiennius getazi to be exact. This certain species is not dangerous, but there are a few in the family Ctenidae that are dangerous, such as Phoneutria fera .

This post should actually be in the "other arachnids" forum.

Alex S.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hello Martin, yes, C. getazi does have a white-grey color underside, in which C. coccineus the orange extends a little further undernieth. Also notice the drak black bands on the legs of C. getazi, which doesnt really appear in C. coccineus. They are two extremely similar species though.

Alex S.

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lycanthrope
is that the one known as the "orange huntsman"?
Hi, Lycanthrope-

Are you referring to the Malaysian Orange huntsman that Kelly Swift sells?

john

Big Mike

Arachnopeon
[This post should actually be in the "other arachnids" forum.]

I thought this was the "other arachnids" forum? Maybe Im losing it. Cool looking spider though.

Big Mike

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
<waving magic sceptre>

oh, ye gawds, do as BIG MIKE sayeth :)

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Mike
[This post should actually be in the "other arachnids" forum.]

I thought this was the "other arachnids" forum? Maybe Im losing it. Cool looking spider though.

Big Mike

Hello Big Mike, this post was formerly in the "tarantulas forum", and as this spider is not a tarantula, it is a true spider, then it would go in the "other arachnids" forum. Thats why I said that.

Alex S.

Big Mike

Arachnopeon
Dude, I thought I was losing my mind. I looked like 4 times and Im thinkin' man I need some sleep or something. So now that thats cleared up, I have the rest of the day to try and figure out what the "GODS" are supposed to be doing.

Big Mike