Teleporting Togo Starburst Baboon

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:rolleyes: I have finally decided that the absolute fastest tarantula I have ever dealt with is the H.maculata - I have been performing cage maintenance on my two H.macs and they are so fast when they move that it is quicker than my eye can follow.They appear to vanish in one spot and reappear a foot away in another spot - if they ever got out it would be curtains..I dont think I could possibly catch them.Therefor I consider them to be high security inmates and I am extremely careful when I mist or feed them - I really dont want to have any loose H.macs running around rampant in my apartment and I have seen the lightning like speed that they move at...!!!!!!!

What tarantulas do you have that you just KNOW you would never be able to catch if they bolted on you???? hahahahhah

:eek: The Evil Spider Hunter

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
usambara................

luckilly tarantulas slow down if it gets chased without stopping

And when I mean slow I mean T. Blondi bolting out of its burrow slow

T

Tarantula

I would agree that the H maculata is a crazy speed demon. I learned this the first time i ever saw one when mine was still a spiderling and I removed it from its vial.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider Hunter
:rolleyes: I have finally decided that the absolute fastest tarantula I have ever dealt with is the H.maculata - I have been performing cage maintenance on my two H.macs and they are so fast when they move that it is quicker than my eye can follow.They appear to vanish in one spot and reappear a foot away in another spot - if they ever got out it would be curtains..I dont think I could possibly catch them.Therefor I consider them to be high security inmates and I am extremely careful when I mist or feed them - I really dont want to have any loose H.macs running around rampant in my apartment and I have seen the lightning like speed that they move at...!!!!!!!

What tarantulas do you have that you just KNOW you would never be able to catch if they bolted on you???? hahahahhah

:eek: The Evil Spider Hunter
Evil,
I saw two H. maculata's today for $50.00 each. Their both Sub-adult females, about 3".
Is that a fair price? What do you think? :?
I really like them..

Ernie

T

Tarantula

I paid 36 dollars Canadian for mine and he was a spiderling when i got him back in September. He has already molted into maturity so expect fast growth.

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Mr.T.......

Well, I got one of my H.macs for $40.00 and the other one for $20.00 so I dont think $50.00 is TOO bad...they are really a crazy spider for sure - they look very arboreal ( which they are ) and they are somewhat "Hot" as far as venom goes and they are definitely a challenge to deal with - they web a lot and hide out and now and then especially if they are disturbed they will dash out and scare the crap out of you....a very interesting species of tarantula I think.I really like mine and I recommend them to more advanced, responsible tarantula keepers like I am sure you are...they are a bizarre species...yep...

;) The Evil Spider Hunter

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks,
I think I'll just start with one. They sound like a fun and spooky species..:eek:

Ernie