Tarantulas on bare feet?

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that many of you handle your tarantulas and allow them to crawl over your hands and arms etc and possibly even your shoulders. However, I was curious if anyone ever lets their tarantula crawl across their bare feet.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Uhh why?
I would not only cause I hate when they make a break for it and scurry up my leg. I would not LET them do it, (shudders).

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The thought of an angry T sprinting toward the groin area makes me weary of any contact below the shoulder.:eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I haven't ever done that, but I don't see why it be a problem... I'd let my little rosie crawl on my feet if she wanted too.

:D

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know that many of you handle your tarantulas and allow them to crawl over your hands and arms etc and possibly even your shoulders. However, I was curious if anyone ever lets their tarantula crawl across their bare feet.
I think someone has the wrong sort of interest in the resulting conversation. {D It's okay, you can admit it (weirdo).

Also, no, that's probably a terrible idea. Hand-handling at least gives us the opportunity to control the tarantula's movement somewhat, and better support the animal. Feet are clumsy stumpy limbs intended for moving us around, not manipulating objects or carefully interacting with small animals.

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"It's okay, you can admit it (weirdo)."

Well that depends on who the real weirdo is!

"Also, no, that's probably a terrible idea. Hand-handling at least gives us the opportunity to control the tarantula's movement somewhat, and better support the animal."

It wouldn't be a terrible idea. If anything, feet would provide greater support for the tarantula than hands, along as the feet were firmly planted on the ground. There is always a very slight chance that a tarantula could fall from someone's hand and if that hand was close to the height of your shoulder, that would be quite a significant drop.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well that depends on who the real weirdo is!
I think we can tell that already. ;P

It wouldn't be a terrible idea. If anything, feet would provide greater support for the tarantula than hands, along as the feet were firmly planted on the ground. There is always a very slight chance that a tarantula could fall from someone's hand and if that hand was close to the height of your shoulder, that would be quite a significant drop.
Uh, no. People who handle are told time and again to handle the tarantula low over a carpet or bed, NOT standing up with the tarantula near their shoulder. That's not at all the suggested practice.

It's still a terrible idea. Again, feet are just not built to be effective at interacting with/manipulating objects. That's not what they're FOR. That's what hands are for, and they're very good at it.

This conversation is creepy, I don't know why I reply. :eek:

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"I think we can tell that already."

Lol. Well I'm only asking the question, I'm not the one doing the deed!

"Again, feet are just not built to be effective at interacting with/manipulating objects."

The ability to interract and manipulate isnt really relevant in this case. A spider climbing over a stationary foot would be no different to climbing over a stone or a small log.

"This conversation is creepy, I don't know why I reply."

Admit it. You're curious.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The ability to interract and manipulate isnt really relevant in this case. A spider climbing over a stationary foot would be no different to climbing over a stone or a small log.
It is very relevant. You have a great deal more control over where the tarantula is directed, and it's a simple fact that feet are not designed for holding things.

Admit it. You're curious.
I could admit it, but that wouldn't make it true. Actually I think it's foolish, pointless, and the sort of thing that only gets discussed on the internet by people who probably like feet a little too much. ;P

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just a thought but...whats the difference to them between a large cricket and your wiggling pinkie toe? :? :rolleyes: Chomp!

Duc de Blangis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

You will not be billed until the end of your 3 day trial after which you will automatically be billed a recurring monthly charge of $99.99 until cancellation request by the subscriber has been made