Tarantulas Not Catching Food?

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
A T's predatory instinct is far greater than your giving them credit.I'm willing to bet if your T's aren't in pre molt those crickets will be gone by morning.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Premolt it is!
Are you saying it is in premolt, because it has refused food once, or has it molted?

The food seems fairly far away from the T, so it is possible that it is unaware of it. Refusing one feeding does not mean your T is in premolt though, but then again, it might be.;)

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
A T's predatory instinct is far greater than your giving them credit.I'm willing to bet if your T's aren't in pre molt those crickets will be gone by morning.
Premolt it is!

Not to be rude but Offkilter said he doesn't think it is premolt.
and then directly after his post you say " premolt it is "

how did you come to this conclusion after just one post, did something happen ?

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
am i the only one to notice that the cage is HUGE if i recall you said you put the prey in there webs? try killing it and puting it in there web im think there not wanting to leave there webs...

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
The food seems fairly far away from the T, so it is possible that it is unaware of it.
The food was right on its web before and it didn't care.

Not to be rude but Offkilter said he doesn't think it is premolt.
and then directly after his post you say " premolt it is "

how did you come to this conclusion after just one post, did something happen ?
He never said that. He said that if it wasn't, the crickets would be gone by morning. They're not. Also, it's been a while since their last molts.

am i the only one to notice that the cage is HUGE if i recall you said you put the prey in there webs? try killing it and puting it in there web im think there not wanting to leave there webs...
This was discussed in another topic. The cage is fine. But, I'll try prekilled. Thanks for the suggestion.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as the web, it will likely continue to get thicker. Alot of people have arboreals they never see, because they made their thick hides up in a corner like that and only poke their front legs out waiting for food to pass by. Nothing to worry about. If the food was right by your tarantula and it didn't eat it, it didn't want it. Try again in a few days...the T keepers quide talks about aquiring a certain flick of the wrist for flinging crickets into arboreal webs. :D Apparently it's a knack you pick up.
Of course, if you suspect it is in premolt, be sure to remove all the crickets a couple hours after offering them, just in case.