Tarantulas/Local News/Spider Kids Club

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Tell Emma I'm proud of her and honored to be acquainted with an arachno-celebrity!

Joy

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update

Today was her talk at the YMCA daycare. She spoke to about 60 kids and did a pretty good job. I handed out flyers for the "Kid's Club" and answered any questions Emma had difficulty with. The big kicker... they took up a collection and paid her for her time... $50. Then dad stepped in as the tax man and took most of it to go back into the spider business, but she still walked away with a little mad money.

There was a local TV station present and a reporter/photographer from the KC Star. The article is supposed to be in the Saturday edition. I'll post a link to it if it makes the on-line copy.

The children were real receptive and I think they are even more so since the speaker was just a couple of years older than most of them. I think I've got a pretty good angle here on reaching the kids. I'm anxious for school to start back up now so we can tour the elementary schools.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New Article

A new article came out today (below link) in the Kansas City Star. Due to the media attention, we've received a few calls including the Kansas State School for the Blind. They've asked Emma to come talk to their summer school students and bring some "touchables". Emma seems excited about it and I couldn't be happier with that.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansa...ounty/cities_neighborhoods/olathe/6187386.htm

Botar

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:D Look out Terri Irwin.... here comes Emma Black!:D

Applause for Emma! I'm having a great time watching her grow in celebrity... thanks for sharing all of this Botar! It's DEE-LIGHTFUL! And Emma is an inspiration!

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Geez Charlie - I leave town for a week, and you and Emma are all famous!!!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not me... just Emma. I'm the support staff in the shadows.

Botar

L_mactans

Arachnolush
Old Timer
Yea Emma!

It is so awesome to see how much of an impact she has made over there! Tell her I am honored to have met her :D