Tarantulas Feeding/Eating!

BladeGypsy

Arachnoknight
Re my pics

^ Indeed, Miss Peruvian Blue is getting more big and more bold with the size of prey she takes down as well as her attitude...

As you can see from these photos, her little feet are NOT inside of her enclosure - her lid was actually completely off due to the physical nature of her current enclose. In order to try to not disturb her after securing her prey, but more importantly to safely close the lid, I gently touched a toe or two to hopefully get her to move ...NOPE. So, I moved onto a paintbrush for safety precautions and thought that perhaps a change in texture would work... After I VERY lightly touched a couple of her little toes with the paintbrush, laughably, she promptly dropped the roach (which she had taken atop her spherical shaped coconut hide) gave me a threat posture and then as the roach was tumbling down the side of the hide she drops the threat pose and rushes to secure it...this all happens in a matter of seconds btw, too funny!

My adult Avic. avic. with an XL crix it took down the other day - it is a bit of a picky eater ime and is hard to get decent pics of as a specimen. I was happy to get this one.
DSC02759.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

BladeGypsy

Arachnoknight
The evening before last, my B. vagans juvenile, that I have raised since a sling, took down DSC02790.JPG a large hisser roach - perhaps her first hisser, but certainly her largest prey item to date. It was a "WOW!" moment. Also, funny - she took the prey with urgency and ended up laying on her back inside of her burrow to secure it.

My B. emilia with a large hisser last evening. She too took it with ferocious enthusiasm DSC02792.JPG DSC02794.JPG .

Last edited by a moderator:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I think you have something stuck in your teeth...

Sub-adult male Lasiodora parahybana.

Juvenile female Acanthoscurria geniculata, first post-moult feed.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
A. avicularia :)
E4C0441B-9153-4D8B-BA62-0150BB8E5932.jpeg

Bumba cabocla. Photo taken hastily as she was trying to dine and dash. ;)
EB1C7C5B-C631-4031-B448-220C9605649D.jpeg

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel

Phormictopus auratus with a post-moult Zophobas morio superworm.

0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata with a Z. morio treat.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Wasn't on my focus game today, it was a bit of a struggle.

Tliltocatl albopilosus juvenile female:

Tapinauchenius rasti adult female:

And two phone camera photos of my subadult female Phormictopus auratus stalking a horn worm:

Last edited: