Tarantulas: Australia's King of Spiders

PsychoChaser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I missed the local showing of this program in english:wall: . Does anyone have this program? Tarantula hunter in Australia, local delicacy in Cambodia, new species categorized and venom attraction. Very interesting stuff. I got a copy in German on the internet.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't know, but what a good program. I have watched it many a times.

PsychoChaser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I contacted the producer for this film and she is going to give me details on purchasing the DVD.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice.this was a great documentary.id like to buy a copy aswell

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haven't seen or heard of it but it sounds good! post details as to where we may purchase those dvds, i'd like to see this.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's been on Animal Planet twice in the last year, and I'm sure it will be again. Keep an eye on local listings. :)

PsychoChaser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rights to Show

The rights to the show are not owned by the networks. I was told that that exclusive rights are owned by the production company. They loan the show to the networks to show. If you are interested, email gisela@kaufmannproductions.com

There is no real website just the email address.

They only do animal documentaries and have received lots of awards.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
looks like they won some awards for this documentary

Awards:

• Winner of the Golden Tripod for Best Nature & Wildlife Film in the annual National Awards of the ACS (Australian Cinematography Society).

• First Place 'Gold Camera Award', US International Film & Video Festival 2006, Los Angeles - , category for all documentaries between 30-60 minutes duration.

• New York Festivals, January 2006 - Bronze World Medal - Australia's King of Spiders 2006 International TV Programming, category Nature & Wildlife.

• Tarantuala won BEST SCIENTIFIC CONTENT, BEST SCRIPT, Merit Award for Educational Value, Merit Award for Graphics & Animation, Merit Award for Editing, Merit Award for Photography, Merit Award for Scientific Content at the International Wildlife Film Festival 2005

• GOLD Award for Nature & Wildlife Films, WORLD MEDIA FESTIVAL, Hamburg/Germany, May 2005

• Best Documentary in category Science, Technology & The Environment, ATOM Awards 2005 (Australian Teachers of Media), October 2005

• BEST Investigative Science Documentary at 24th Biennial International Scientific Film Festival 2006, Málaga/Spain, November 2006

• Special Jury Award for Nature & Environmental Documentary at NATURALE - 20th International Nature Film Festival 2007, Bad Duerkheim/Germany, April 2007

• Finalist for Best International Science Programme at 43rd International Festival TECHFILM 2005, Hradec Kralove/Czech Republic, November 05

• Finalist Award Best Nature Documentary at FRAPNA: 20th International Nature & Environment Film Festival 2006, Grenoble/France, April 06

• Finalist for Best Science Documentary at IMAGE & SCIENCE Festival 2006, Eiffel Tower Paris/France, October 06.

http://www.electricsky.com/catalogue_detail.aspx?program=94