Tarantula's and Rock music

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
music

For me it depends on my mood. Good mood, house/club music, Bad mood, rock, Somber mood, blues, like sarah vaughn, billy holliday, etta james...

Later

William

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There's seems to be a difference between the what the girls and guys listen to. And girls and guys seem to get T's for different reasons from what I've seen. I bought mine at first because I thought they were so alien looking and it just seemed like such a cool pet to show off to friends. Something for everyone to go "whoa, that's so cool dude!"
I admit I may have bought my first T for the wrong reasons, but I now know better. :D

And the girls seem to get them because they think they're so pretty, cute, and fuzzy. ;)

Jim B.

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not me

I started collecting T's because, the thought of having a creature the hasn't changed much for thousands if not millions of years intrigued me

Later

William

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What I Love:
#1: Metal
#2: Rap
#3: Funk
#4: Blues*
#5: Jazz*
#6: Classical*
#7: Bluegrass - no singing*
#8: Metal-Rap Combo*

*3,4,5,6,7,8 can be interchangable depending on the position of the sun and the direction of the wind...;P

What I loathe -- all in no particular order:
#1: Country
#2: Punk
#3: R&B
#4: Smooth Jazz
#5: Bluegrass - with singing
#6: Pop - Except of Beonce...:D

Jon

Metal Rules!

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
real punk and metal are so blended i think its hard for a metal head to hate punk....except for you

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, I prefer rock myself but my pets dont seem to be really imressed by the music I listen to...

Espesially when I put on some Marilyn Manson, they all seem to be stressed... (MM isnt rock I guess, what is it??)

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
Well, I prefer rock myself but my pets dont seem to be really imressed by the music I listen to...

Espesially when I put on some Marilyn Manson, they all seem to be stressed... (MM isnt rock I guess, what is it??)
I dug his Antichrist album... not so much portrait and nothing since Anti... I guess he is glam goth rock...?

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by xBurntBytheSunx
real punk and metal are so blended i think its hard for a metal head to hate punk....except for you
nah... I can see why metal heads would hate punk and punk kids... I dig punk and all fusions between metal, punk, core etc... cept mall metal of course

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Ex Headbanger? I haven't stopped yet. The heavy stuff still rules~Spidertwin
STOP? NEVER!:D

Is there such a thing as an Ex Headbanger?
I don't think so:cool:

Since we (my son and I) started collecting T's we have met some
really interesting people. Everyone is different in so many ways.
Talking on the boards with them and actually meeting them makes
a real difference. The one thing that we ALL have in common is T's, not music. True, a high percentage of people like 80's music
AND metal but I think it is because of our age group, not our hobby.
And YES metal still rules!!:D

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: But what do the spider's like?

Originally posted by Tarantula-Kid
When I played Classical, my Avic moved right up against the speaker.

This is all from my memory. It's not in my scrapbook. I don't know why I didn't record it.
:?
I knew Avics were my kind of spider. :D

Greensleeves

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
You know what the common thread may be that gets us all to like T's and other odd pets...We are all a bit more open minded than most so our tastes run a bit more eccentric than the masses. Just a thought.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, i personally dislike (to put it nicely) punk... it's just 45 second song for alcoholics IMO... i know that's not always true, but the majority of punk that *I* have been exposed to.... well, yeah, metal for drunks.

but yeah, my musical tastes...

1. Drum n Bass (Metalheadz esp...)
2. Metal (FF, Spineshank, Acid bath, etc, etc...)
3. Funk (can't touch P-Funk)
4. Industrial (project pitchfork, skinny puppy, leather strip)
5. Hip-Hop (mainly old skool stuff like Slick Rick)
6. Gots ta love the classical (vivaldi is ths Sh**)

and i loathe swing.

-Joshua

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
but i've also not played any load music in my T room, so i have no clue how mine react to it... though i have the feeling the majority would bolt for their hides since they seem skittish enough of footfalls, much less something much louder.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Inuleki
2. Metal (FF, Spineshank, Acid bath, etc, etc...)
ACID BATH!!!!!!!!! When the kite string pops is one of the best metal albums ever(of course as a christian I have to look past some of the lyrics;) )

Had that album for what... 6 years... 7 years... a long time and I still rock th hell out of it.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been into "exotic pets" a lot longer than the music though.

My dad got me into both really.

Rock on guys! \,,/_(*-*)_\,,/

EDIT:

My P.Regalis used to come out of it's nest to Cannibal Corpse, despite moving the speakers/tank. Was a good party trick that my metal-headed friends loved

Last edited:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Deliverme314
I dug his Antichrist album... not so much portrait and nothing since Anti... I guess he is glam goth rock...?
MM=SHOCK ROCK
Midnight syndicate and switchblade symphony=Goth=my music
Oh and classical

Last edited:

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So with this in mind, do you think bringing a T to a nightclub where they were playing ambient techno would be stressful for it? Or does it depend on the individual T?

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is I have some friends who think Bungee should be part of our club going set. Silly people! =D

Greensleeves

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The music in question the T may like I think it boils down to individual preference but I do know alot of people talking and moving will freak out bungee But considering bungee is crazy anyway who knows

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by xBurntBytheSunx
I do like System of a Down. And that is about as far blended of metal and punk that I can do.

Jon

p.s., it's not the music that I don't like about punk, it is the cheap sound and nasaly airy voice of the singer -- trying to sound raw and unproduced. I like a very tight produced sound.