Tarantula Talks

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm really excited and frankly very humbled.

I have been giving little tarantula talks every couple of weeks or so to elementary school kids in town. Last Fri., I did a college biology class and it went really well. Afterward, the prof asked if I would be interested in a standing gig every Fri. at various and sundary places, mostly secondary schools and some community colleges. Half the time I'll be lecturing about my vocation (canine behavior) and the rest, Tarantulas. It's a wonderful opportunity to be an ambassador for both because as you all know, the heat is on with all the anti breed/species legislation. In additioon, y'all know how disinformation runs rampant about the hobby itself and beloved pets.

I'll do a little anatomy/physiology, morphology, natural history, intro to cladistics etc... basic stuff. This is what I would like to ask of y'all. If anyone is intersted in sharing your photos to be used in this noncomercial endeavor, please let me know. I would like the freedom to put them on slides, pass them out on handouts and label them when needed. For instance, I used one of mine (a very poor one I might add) to label the external anatomy. I would give the photographer full credit and keep your tags intact. I am not receiving any money or perks for this. It is strictly volunteer. I promise I will not use anyone's stuff without permission.

PM or E-mail me if you want your babies featured.

Pax,
Kelly O

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a gig!

If you would like to use the pics posted on any of my threads, feel free. There aren't many, but if you like them, go fer itAnything to spread the word to little kids before their parents can poison them with fears of spiders!!!

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank You, Terri

Thanks Terri!
I really appreciate it.
If anyone else would like to participate in this educational outreach, please let me know! I really need the pics. It's not pretty when I really start begging guys, so please step up and volunteer. I'm not afraid to barage you with ingratiating e-mails. Ernie, Becky, Jeremy, Martin, John, CM, Kelly G wanna' be thought of as spider gods/goddesses?....Bill, Kelly S, Cronos, Pat, Phil, Darrin, Art, John...don't you want some cheap advertisement? I'm gonna' name names and give out URLs...I'm goin' to college campi(campuses). Think of all those rich undergraduate students floating along with all that disgresionary income, supported by M&D, just looking to buy stuff.

STEP UP! PLAY YOUR GAME! BECOME FAMOUS!!!!

Please?

Kelly O

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Kelly,

I will defer to the more experienced T keepers among us. If, however, you ever should find yourself meandering your way into the world of scorpions I'll be more than happy to help out however I can.

Cheers,
DAve

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
You can use my pictures, if you can find them here.
Or E-mail me from here and I'll send you a few.:)

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You can use all my pics you need to. There's a link to my site in my signature. I have a lot more if you need them too. I just haven't put them up. Hope everything goes well!

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Impressive endeavor

Kelly-

It's good to see someone with the zest for sharing and teaching about our little friends. When I get my new lens for my cam, I'd be honored to share photos with you. Best of luck to you, I wish you the best!

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nemesis
I'm really excited and frankly very humbled.

I'll do a little anatomy/physiology, morphology, natural history, intro to cladistics etc... basic stuff.

Pax,
Kelly O
Kelly,
Could you share what you know about tarantula cladistics? I would be very interested. Thanks! :)

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cladistics

As far as cladistics, I by no means have the scoop on T cladistics. I plan to introduce the basic construct, and apply it generally to Theraphosidae. I would also be interested in an indepth discussion? I seem to remember there being someone on this board who would be able to do the subject justice.

Pax,
Kelly O