Tarantula stuck in molting process even after 10 hours, need urgent help

Apoorv Sharma

Arachnopeon
My P. Irminia has been stuck in this position since morning, she is kind of stuck in the net and struggling, I checked on her at 10 am before going to work and at that time also she was in the same position but now when I came back she is still in the same position and it looks like she is struggling.

Humidity in the enclosure was between 45-50%, did that cause any issues?

Please tell me what I should do. I am clueless about what to do, I am worried that I will lose her.

LATEST UPDATE-

One FB user suggested to unstuck the leg from the web so I did that with the help of a paintbrush and it fell into the webbing and started to wiggle. I removed the wood and let her sit on the ground now. I also removed the remaining molt from the abdomen with the carapace exoskeleton attached to it. But now the T has all its legs straight up in the air and is on the ground. With the help of the paintbrush, I also put a few drops of water on the fangs and sprayed the enclosure too.

Also, Now I am increasing the humidity in my room to 90% in the hope that T will continue the remaining molting process.

RestI need your help and suggestions, this is my first T so very beginner in this situation.

Attachments

Mustafa67

Arachnopeon
My P. Irminia has been stuck in this position since morning, she is kind of stuck in the net and struggling, I checked on her at 10 am before going to work and at that time also she was in the same position but now when I came back she is still in the same position and it looks like she is struggling.

Humidity in the enclosure was between 45-50%, did that cause any issues?

Please tell me what I should do. I am clueless about what to do, I am worried that I will lose her.

LATEST UPDATE-

One FB user suggested to unstuck the leg from the web so I did that with the help of a paintbrush and it fell into the webbing and started to wiggle. I removed the wood and let her sit on the ground now. I also removed the remaining molt from the abdomen with the carapace exoskeleton attached to it. But now the T has all its legs straight up in the air and is on the ground. With the help of the paintbrush, I also put a few drops of water on the fangs and sprayed the enclosure too.

Also, Now I am increasing the humidity in my room to 90% in the hope that T will continue the remaining molting process.

RestI need your help and suggestions, this is my first T so very beginner in this situation.
Wait

Also forget about humidity. Just overflow the waterbowl when you fill it.

Read this if its your very first T. Plenty of good info there:

These are full of info for molts:

Also don’t get info from FaceSh1t. Facesh1t “care” makes me cringe and facepalm at the stuff I see on it. Arachnoboards is best source of info for tarantulas.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’ve never had a t that got a stuck molt get far enough ℹ could help it . Or it was hidden because a burrow . Like my g rosea .☹
Any update?

radiomace

Arachnopeon
Also don’t get info from FaceSh1t. Facesh1t “care” makes me cringe and facepalm at the stuff I see on it. Arachnoboards is best source of info for tarantulas.
I actually passed this post on FB and it's been on my mind all day. Out of curiosity - what would have been the appropriate course of action here? I've never seen a T get stuck on the glass like this.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If a tarantula has flipped over and has not molted in 10 hours since, then something is wrong. Honestly, it looks like there is nothing you can do at this point. If it had molted out its carapace, then there could have been hope. But the fact that its carapace is still stuck and the fact that it's leg and abdomen are still stuck as well, means there isn't much you can do. I would not be surprised if it passes on the next day or two.

Last edited:

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
The carapace is off, but I can’t tell from the pics how far she’s out. That thread about what to do when a tarantula is stuck in a molt posted above is the best advice. Water and a paintbrush if her chelicerae are fully out and very, very slowly and carefully.

radiomace

Arachnopeon
I don’t think the T is stuck in the molt from this pic and the description (they said they removed the *rest* of the molt), but I think we need OP to confirm. It looks to me like the T did molt, but the foot got stuck on the glass, and a piece of the carapace was left behind. The legs then may have hardened dangling backwards like that.