Tarantula Rodeo

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well about a year ago my house burnt down and when I got back to my house after the firemen had cleared I rushed in to check on my G.rosie and my Forest frog to my amazement both were still alive.I then was rushed out becasue of inhailants and I grabbed my T. and my frog and put them in the only thing I could find a shoe box.By the time I had taken them to a safe spot for the night I Opened the box up and the frog had hopped on top of my T. and got his leg stuck in between her legs.He must have rode her around for like 3 min befor he got loose, and she got dinner.It was the funniest thing ive ever seen.My poor frog..But what was I to expect putting them in the same box. I was to emotional to think clearly.

Last edited:

Avix4me

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Poor Froggy- I got a pacman frog that I know a T couldn't take down!

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ever see Planet Terror? ;) {D You remind me of that kid. Poor froggy but it happens

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yikes! Poor frog!

I once went to a friend's house nearby, and there were Ts ALL over her garden (Oklahoma....so, A. henzi, I presume). There were also local frog species hopping around all over. While we were sitting outside, one of the Ts launched out of its burrow, out from under a plant, grabbed a frog twice its size, and wrestled it back down into the burrow.

Did you end up replacing the frog, or getting more tarantulas in its place?

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol

I have some frogs that could probably eat most of my T's. The African pixes get huge. We will save that battle from some other yahoo you tube moron because it is just stupid to pit animals against each other for no reason. Sorry to hear about your frog loss as I imagine if my house just burnt down I would also not be thinking very straight.
James

Snuggles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Your house burnt down?!?!? That is horrible! But, you got your pets out...they (and you) were very lucky.

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It was devestating ....All pets and Family got out...I happened to get more Tarantulas....Frogs seem to be a conflict of interest as it is anyways.LOL