Tarantula reaction time, or why you should always use tongs

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I asked in the shop what it was like when feeding , changing water etc and as you say she told me it just runs from one to to the other of the set up , and not upwards ,I did put some food

Deb60

Arachnosquire
In the other day , and he was hanging near the top, did it very slowly and carefully and he was fine .

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
They'll mellow a bit with age. Slow and careful is the name of the game with any T tank opening. The less you disturb then the more likely they'll stay in view for a good photo op or be receptive to immediate feeding :snaphappy:

Btw, it appears you are posting the quotes and replying separately? You can do so in the same post by entering your text before or after the [ quote ] [ /quote ] elements/tags. :)

Edit: nm, you know what you're doing, you posted previously in the thread with quotes :p

Deb60

Arachnosquire
They'll mellow a bit with age. Slow and careful is the name of the game with any T tank opening. The less you disturb then the more likely they'll stay in view for a good photo op or be receptive to immediate feeding :snaphappy:

Btw, it appears you are posting the quotes and replying separately? You can do so in the same post by entering your text before or after the [ quote ] [ /quote ] elements/tags. :)

Edit: nm, you know what you're doing, you posted previously in the thread with quotes :p
Being an old dear of 56yrs I struggle with the website I'm afraid , still trying to work out how to put a message on for all members to read other than starting a message which has to be sent just to one member . Still working my way round my I Phone after having it a year !

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Being an old dear of 56yrs I struggle with the website I'm afraid , still trying to work out how to put a message on for all members to read other than starting a message which has to be sent just to one member . Still working my way round my I Phone after having it a year !
I'll send you a PM so this thread doesn't get off topic.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
This reminds me of a demo display they have at the Audubon in New Orleans. It's a hole that blows a puff of air on your finger when you stick it in. The idea is to simulate the strike speed of a spider, and you're supposed to see if you can pull out before getting "bitten." I'm sure there wasn't an exact science behind designing that display (just a motion sensor), but at least it demonstrates that a spider is much faster than a human is capable of moving. For spider owners who regularly feed spiders, that demo is pretty spot on:)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I never got to see the bug exhibit/building before leaving that...state :( But yep, any spider is far faster than a human can react if they're trying to bite. Luckily it's the running speed we generally have to contend with.