Tarantula 'Personality'

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, they can do typical skinner box type learning, but they aren't going to learn how to fetch or anything.

There have been specimens that have learned how to open KKs and also specimens that have learned to clink their water dishes on the wall of their cage to attain water.

So, they can learn to an extent.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I used to have hermit crabs that would come to the side of the glass to greet me when I came home from school. But I doubt it was a reflex out of seeing their owner, more like, "What's for supper chief?" (I always fed them left overs from supper).

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
their personality will change a lot as they grow up. i play with any species 2 or 3 instar.... but i start respecting some species a heck of a lot more when they start getting some size on them. every spiderling i have kept can be pushed around when small... but some will push back when they get older.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A few questions regarding tarantula personalities. We all think, well most of us, that our tarantulas have some sort of personality. They're friendly, or mean, or whatever other adjective you'd describe the way your T acts.

The new rosea I got is friendly, and recently I found out, an avid hunter. (Video coming soon)

And I'm wondering, how much of this personality does a tarantula actually keep, molt after molt? Do they change? Can my bold, friendly rosea go shy and sour on me eventually?
Hi!

In my opinion t's have personnality, of course, but I also think that they are unpredictable, one day they can be sweet heart next day they can be:evil:
Just like us we have good and bad day.

Alain