Tarantula personality flipflopping

Kamobeas fan

Arachnopeon
So when I first got my T, they were very docile and calm, spending all of their time outside of their burrow not touching it once, and didn't react to anything except basically direct touch, however one day it went inside its burrow for the first time, holed itself up and stayed there for a few months, when it emerged it became super skittish and used its burrow regularly, sprinting towards it at the slightest vibration, this went on for a month more or less, but suddenly there personality switched again to the exact same as I first got it, is there a reason for this? Idk if its because of a molt because I can't find an exoskeleton, and if there is one its probably in their burrow

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
its normal some do that others dont it might also become really defensive one day. rearing back flashing its fangs at you anytime you open its cage

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
So when I first got my T, they were very docile and calm, spending all of their time outside of their burrow not touching it once, and didn't react to anything except basically direct touch, however one day it went inside its burrow for the first time, holed itself up and stayed there for a few months, when it emerged it became super skittish and used its burrow regularly, sprinting towards it at the slightest vibration, this went on for a month more or less, but suddenly there personality switched again to the exact same as I first got it, is there a reason for this? Idk if its because of a molt because I can't find an exoskeleton, and if there is one its probably in their burrow
Tarantulas change as they grow, just like people do. It's common for personalities to swap between molts, or even some days.

Atabby

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter +
I have a Lasiodora parahybana that was very out in the open and not skittish at all and after the last molt it's personality did a flip and even though its bigger they have gone totally freaked out about everything.

quirinus

Arachnoknight
It is common that the "personality" of a T changes every so often, especially after a molt.
I also witnessed the behaviour that u describe, of being out for a long time and then being skittish and staying home for a long time.
Your T is just a T doing T stuff, as people use to say here.

MrFuzzBugz

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
As others have said, its completely normal for them to have moods, just like people. I’ve noticed with my G. pulchra that he usually starts off calm, but the longer I toy around in his enclosure the more skittish he gets. His patience definitely changes by the day.

All of my others… forget about it.