TARANTULA order

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Just trying to make sure I'm not headed for a problem I have a B vagans ,A Avic ,G pulchrips and am thinking of making an order to get some new Ts these are the species I want to order any red flags for some one without a lot of experience
A geniculata
A chalcodes
E sp red
L parahybana
P irminia
O and just to clarify not trying to find out which to order plan to order one or more of each

boina

Lady of the mites
The P irminia is a little bit faster than the rest... as in really fast, and willing to run. Just make sure you are prepared :)

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
None are bad but P. irminia are fast and somewhat aggressive, just know what you're getting into and no tarantula is bad for a beginner.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
As long as you give the P. irminia enough substrate to burrow and a nice, concealed hide (I use a cork bark round for mine), you shouldn't have too much of an issue with it. They're insanely fast, but also insanely shy. Really fun Ts to keep though, and they grow like weeds!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
As long as you give the P. irminia enough substrate to burrow and a nice, concealed hide (I use a cork bark round for mine), you shouldn't have too much of an issue with it. They're insanely fast, but also insanely shy. Really fun Ts to keep though, and they grow like weeds!
I agree on the housing. If you get housing right they setup and just go there when disturbed. Maybe it's just me, but my two never seemed that fast even during rehousing.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I agree on the housing. If you get housing right they setup and just go there when disturbed. Maybe it's just me, but my two never seemed that fast even during rehousing.
The only time I've experienced the insane speed was when I was unpacking the sling. Unrolled the paper towel it was packed in and the little dude started zipping all over it. It was a little nerve wracking, but mostly just cool to see, haha. Like you said, nowadays mine will just retreat in to its burrow at the slightest disturbance.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
P. irminias are basically old worlds. They're fas as lightning, have no urticating hairs, and possess powerful venom. NOT for beginners.

boina

Lady of the mites
P. irminias are basically old worlds. They're fas as lightning, have no urticating hairs, and possess powerful venom. NOT for beginners.
Errr...No? P. irminia are NW. Fast, no urticating hair, right, but they don't have a very strong venom. It's not considered medically significant.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Errr...No? P. irminia are NW. Fast, no urticating hair, right, but they don't have a very strong venom. It's not considered medically significant.
Agreed. My P. irminia is nothing in terms of speed and skittishness compared to my P. metallica, for example.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Personally I would hold off on the P.irminia for a little while, but I admit that is because of my personal experience with them. I had two slings who were OBT's in an irminia body, racing out of their burrows with the slightest disturbance, threatposing and slapping the floor during maintenance, biting the straw/brush/stream of water.
I got them before I was ready, enchanted by their colours, so my bad experience was entirely my fault, maybe combined with getting two spiders who were in the wrong body :D

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the info guys think I might swap out the P irminia for N chromatus

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The N chromatus is bad for beginners too. Worst hairs aside from Theraphosas, and very liberal with them too.
They're not that bad. They are like A.geniculata, but a little more feisty. Their hairs aren't fun, but if you take precautions it should be alright.
Try to be a little less decisive @Moakmeister , you're presenting possibilities as something that is always the case ;)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
They're not that bad. They are like A.geniculata, but a little more feisty. Their hairs aren't fun, but if you take precautions it should be alright.
Try to be a little less decisive @Moakmeister , you're presenting possibilities as something that is always the case ;)
I think you guys know what I mean, though. In general, B. emilia is calm, and P. murinus is mean. There exist some H. maculata that allow you to pinch grab them, and some E. sp. red that run up the tongs to try to bite you. But MOST of the time, the generalizations about certain species tend to be the case.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think you guys know what I mean, though. In general, B. emilia is calm, and P. murinus is mean. There exist some H. maculata that allow you to pinch grab them, and some E. sp. red that run up the tongs to try to bite you. But MOST of the time, the generalizations about certain species tend to be the case.
What you are presenting is the worst possible traits being generalizations, which is simply not true, and not fair to the new keeper or the species.
P.irminia aren't all 'basically OW', just as N.chromatus aren't all
heavy flickers.
It is better in my opinion to state a baseline with the extremes, like 'P.irminia are generally shy but fast, and CAN be bity or defensive.'
Or for the chromatus: 'generally moody, CAN be defensive and hair flicking. Their hairs are considered severe'.
You see the difference between how you formulate things and how I do this?
I love your enthusiasm, but be careful not to get too carried away :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The N chromatus is bad for beginners too. Worst hairs aside from Theraphosas, and very liberal with them too.
Man, please :-s

And btw about the setae part is a complete subjective issue, since there's folks that are sensible to genus Avicularia (ops I said Avicularia, still exist lol? :troll:) ones. Just like genus Theraphosa ones are always viewed as the worst: again, subjective.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Thanks guys I appreciate the help not sure on anything at the moment that's why I asked to get info to help nail down exactly what I'm going to get I appreciate the help

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
It is better in my opinion to state a baseline with the extremes, like 'P.irminia are generally shy but fast, and CAN be bity or defensive.'
Definetly, I'd rather deal with my P.irminia than my G.Rosea any day, and alot try to recommend roseas as starters!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
but they don't have a very strong venom. It's not considered medically significant.
Well, ok about the medically significant part (that IMO needs to be discussed, for that in Italy a medically significant arachnid is the only one that can put your life in danger, or even death) but genus Psalmopoeus venom is nasty and painful, according to those that ended tagged. Sure, nothing compared to OW's.

Dunno however, never bitten in 25 years of T's :)