tarantula morning nookie

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Ok...
a statement, and a question for those of you intrepid souls that dare venture into the realm of breeding tarantulas.
I have always tried it at night (breeding tarantulas...in case anyone is NOT paying attention!)
I heard somewhere that that is possibly the best time, mimicking nature (although, how CAN you possibly?!)
Well, Vayu Son's male just made another sperm web, so I decided (having nothing better to do) to mate him with Verde again.
She promptly came OUT of her container, and walked right over to him. He was quite intimidated...but was willing to give it a go.
I sat there with my plastic spoon like the hammer of god.
After sucessfully inserting both palps, he ran away like a good little male spider ;)
So, my question is this: DOES it *really* make any difference on the time of day, for mating tarantulas?
See, I eventually got to the point of this post!

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

i play sex tapes to all my male spiders every night to effectively increase their libido by %30.

morning, evening, or night... they cannot be resisted.

-V

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think it might give them a sence(?) of safety. Ya know from spoon weilding goddess.:D ;) :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
well, that must explain everything then ;)
Thanks for the enlightenment LOL
He certainly *is* quite the stud...he is now bathing in his water dish :)
So, I guess that answers my question: your G rosea, at any rate, doesn't care WHAT time of day it is...is that right?!

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I have to tell ya the room I am keeping everybody in is pretty dark all the time and is with out noise. I have dark shades even on the window. Even the usambaras will come out during the day and mine hate the light.:D ;) :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Savian,
my room is quite dark as well, except for early morning, the sun shines on the curtains, and it is a bit bright.
With the lamp off, it's quite dim. The only tarantulas I never see are the C crayshawi and H lividum.
Then again, I never see them even if I come in here at midnight.
My Usambaras are out and about, since the male can't decide if he's living IN her burrow with her, or not! They are amazing to watch.
I had the lamp on in here this morning, and it was pretty light. It just didn't seem to deter my G rosea lovers at all...hence my question in the first place ;)

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well then it just a case of the rosea being different as all way's. Due think you could post a pic of your spider room? I am going to be redueing mine soon and would like to see how you got your set up. :D ;) :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
sure, gotta run now, but will post it when I come home later today.
You'll have to really ignore the messy desk though :)