Tarantula Molting Question

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
How long do tarantulas usually stop eating before they molt? I have a suntiger that I think may be molting soon because she hasnt eaten for almost 2 weeks now... she is about 2 1/2" right now. Someone please get back to me thnx

TheDon

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
virtually impossible to answer, I think. my 1inch b.albopilosum didnt eat 3 weeks before molt, 3inch a.geniculata ate a cricket one day (!) before molt...ask a gipsy fortune teller :)

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yep the first two molts of my A.Geniculata she eat the day she had a molt, she would eat non stop, now recently she hasnt shown any interest at for like 12 days now.....her abdomen isnt black i just think shes full lol

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Does anyone have any experience with Suntigers Molting and know what color there abdomen changes before they molt? I just wanna know if my suntiger is ok... she has been less active and is not eating.

TheDon

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my suntiger molted

I have a suntiger, that actually molted about a week ago while I was out of town. I left about a day before I think it molted, and I noticed almost no change in it's behavior / coloring prior....