Tarantula laying Eggs?

Azoroth

Arachnopeon

I found my tarantula making a bed of silk last night, and now when I woke up this morning, there were hundreds of tiny little yellow eggs in the center. :)

Edit: Ive had this tarantula for a few months and have no clue of how it could of layed eggs. I also noticed that one of its fangs looks like the bottom is chipped off. Could this be a serious problem?

Last edited:

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why are you blah? If one of my Ts were laying eggs I'd be jazzed. What kind is she and how long have you had her?

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's really cool. Goodluck with the soon to be babies.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is your Tarantuals wild caught from your area? Cause if so she could have been mated long before you got her.
And fangs chip and break from time to time, they will grow back on the next molt.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Is it a WC Aphonopelma? It probably mated in the wild. Chipped fang shouldn't be a problem.

-Sean

Azoroth

Arachnopeon
Is your Tarantuals wild caught from your area? Cause if so she could have been mated long before you got her.
And fangs chip and break from time to time, they will grow back on the next molt.
One of my friends caught it, and he gave it to me because he didn't want it anymore. The poor girl was covered in dried mud, and he was keeping it in a kritter keeper with no substrate and a measuring cup as a water dish. :?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Then more likely then not you are going to have some babies on your hands soon. {D