Tarantula Identity Crisis haha

Leila

Arachnobaron
My B. albo (Zoe) has finally been moving about her enclosure a little since I took her egg sac away. :)

Last night before retiring to bed, I noticed that she was clung to one of the upper corners of her tank. This morning, she is still there; so I had a little talk with Miss Zoe:

Me: What's up, little lady?
Zoe: Well, remember the other night when you told me I could be whatever I want if I just set my mind to it?
Me: Nope, I don't recall that conversation at all...
Zoe: Well, you possibly had one too many glasses of wine? Anyway- I thought I could try out this whole arboreal thing, ya know? Maybe I have been missing out all these years??

And here we have my little rebel, the arboreal terrestrial...lol (my MM G. porteri is in the background. That flirty little guy...lol)

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yep, that is pretty common with a lot of terrestrials. I'll see several of mine all on the side of the enclosure at the same time.

Toss her in a ping pong ball and let her play with it for a while. :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
Yep, that is pretty common with a lot of terrestrials. I'll see several of mine all on the side of the enclosure at the same time.

Toss her in a ping pong ball and let her play with it for a while. :)
Perhaps I will do the ping pong ball thing. Lol. :)

She has been in that corner for roughly..9 hours. What a goof!

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
She might be having a chat w/ the dude/dudette on the left, checking out how things are goin', she might be feeling lonely since her one night stand and she only had this one crazy-tarantula-talking-lady to chat with.:p

Leila

Arachnobaron
She might be having a chat w/ the dude/dudette on the left, checking out how things are goin', she might be feeling lonely since her one night stand and she only had this one crazy-tarantula-talking-lady to chat with.:p
Perhaps you are correct. Lol.
The T in the background- in the enclosure beside her- is a mature male. It's like they want to..."meet." What a shame that they are not the same species. :(

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
In hindsight, I think she was flashing "her goods" to the MM. I knew Zo was not being honest with me. Typical kids.... :bored::p
(Obviously, Ts are not humans. I am making that statement for any of you who think I am unaware. It's simply fun to make jokes and play-pretend sometimes ;))

Last edited:

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Barely relatable, but my female Leopard gecko has the same arboreal mindset. At least twice a week she decides to try climbing the glass. So far all my Ts behave "normally" as far as I can tell.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Arboreal vs. Terrestrial means almost nothing in the confines of our enclosures. Example: a 12 inch high enclosure doesn't compare to living up in a tree for an arboreal animal, and terrestrial animals encounter terrain that's taller than that.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Arboreal vs. Terrestrial means almost nothing in the confines of our enclosures. Example: a 12 inch high enclosure doesn't compare to living up in a tree for an arboreal animal, and terrestrial animals encounter terrain that's taller than that.
Valid point. :)
But the post I made was in jest. It was not meant to be taken seriously :)

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Valid point. :)
But the post I made was in jest. It was not meant to be taken seriously :)
I know it was meant in jest, of course...
I was just mentioning it as food for thought for whomever reads it.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Zoe: 'hey psst, mature guy'
G.porteri: 'oh, hi there Miss, how you doin?'
Zoe: 'i'll flash my slip if you buy me a drink'
G.porteri: '..... kids these days...'
:p