Tarantula for a christmas present?

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys my girlfriend recently approached me about getting her a T for x-mas. Something tells me she's a keeper :D
anywho, It's been awhile since i've shopped for T's so i'm looking for suggestions. The criteria is usually docile, kind of active and preferably new world. Also, who are some good people to buy from?

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, you are going to get a million different suggestions - but I love my a. avics and my a. versi and my chaco golden knee. Although the chaco stays hidden most of the time. the avics are fascinating to watch because they build their webs high and you can always see them.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
PetCenterUSA. Others will likely have an opinion on this but from personal experience Paul is the only guy you can call up just about any time just to ask silly questions.Trust me when I say Paul is a stand up guy and he will make your experience choosing your T a truly enjoyable one,I really cant say enough about Pet Center USA.If you have any questions about Paul Becker check out his reviews on Arachnoboards I'm fairly certain most most if not all have had the same experience as I.

Last edited:

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I haven't even shopped on www.petcenterusa.com but I can promise you he is in my opinion the best to buy from. I like his prices and he seems to be a very nice guy, both to talk to and do business with. I will for sure be buying from him sometime in the future!!!

www.kenthebugguy.com is also a great place to buy from. Ken is very cool and you can be for sure that anything you get from him is gunna be about as good as it gets!

There are TONS of other great sellers on this website and you can see them by going to the classifieds tab. If you're curious about there reputation as a seller than just check there reviews.

A few I have had the pleasure of doing business with are:

-Patrick86
-CAK
-KoriTamashii

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I haven't even shopped on www.petcenterusa.com but I can promise you he is in my opinion the best to buy from. I like his prices and he seems to be a very nice guy, both to talk to and do business with. I will for sure be buying from him sometime in the future!!!

www.kenthebugguy.com is also a great place to buy from. Ken is very cool and you can be for sure that anything you get from him is gunna be about as good as it gets!

There are TONS of other great sellers on this website and you can see them by going to the classifieds tab. If you're curious about there reputation as a seller than just check there reviews.

A few I have had the pleasure of doing business with are:

-Patrick86
-CAK
-KoriTamashii
thanks all, I think the only thing more frustrating than getting your first T, is getting one for someone else haha. Especially when you've been kind of low-key in the hobby for a few months

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I must have misunderstood, I thought you were asking for types of t's, not where to buy them....:8o

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I must have misunderstood, I thought you were asking for types of t's, not where to buy them....:8o
No it's ok! i needed some suggestions as to what i should get aswell :eek:

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
PetCenterUSA. Others will likely have an opinion on this but from personal experience Paul is the only guy you can call up just about any time just to ask silly questions.Trust me when I say Paul is a stand up guy and he will make your experience choosing your T a truly enjoyable one,I really cant say enough about Pet Center USA.If you have any questions about Paul Becker check out his reviews on Arachnoboards I'm fairly certain most most if not all have had the same experience as I.
DITTO ... I'm lucky, I live close enough where I can actually go to his studio and take personal delivery of my Ts ... hey, I just got my first G rosea from him yesterday. He is not stingy about passing on his knowledge and advice. (He does charge you for the spider, though) ... anyway, I actually ordered a G avic sling from him via the mail, and I was very impressed by the prompt delivery and careful packing. And on that note, KentheBugGuy is no slouch either.

On the subject of what to get - find out her favorite color and try to make a match up - blue? green? orange? go for a GBB - red? B smithi! Chocolate/caramel? G pulchripes. Velvety black? G pulchra ... they're all handleable if that's what you're after ... in fact, really impress her and give her all of them ....

p.s. they all fit your criteria too - docile, new world, and for active, just turn the thermostat up a degree or 2 ...

Last edited:

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I must say I ADORE my P. cambridgei. Might be a little much for what you are wanting(was a little more than I was expecting at first. Eh, bought it on a whim with my last order, but I am very glad I did.), but it is GREAT!! I cannot say enough good things about it. I love its color(s). I love its web. I love how it vanishes at the slightest disturbance but is quickly back out on display as soon as it is comfortable. It is usually always out of its web anymore. It has grown very quickly. It was inexpensive. It looks so delicate and soft. The "girly girl" side of me has placed this one as the favorite of my fourteen, followed closely by my B. emilia.

A spider that is a bit of a challenge could say something about your confidence in her abilty, not to mention you will be there to help.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I must say I ADORE my P. cambridgei. Might be a little much for what you are wanting(was a little more than I was expecting at first. Eh, bought it on a whim with my last order, but I am very glad I did.), but it is GREAT!! I cannot say enough good things about it. I love its color(s). I love its web. I love how it vanishes at the slightest disturbance but is quickly back out on display as soon as it is comfortable. It is usually always out of its web anymore. It has grown very quickly. It was inexpensive. It looks so delicate and soft. The "girly girl" side of me has placed this one as the favorite of my fourteen, followed closely by my B. emilia.

A spider that is a bit of a challenge could say something about your confidence in her abilty, not to mention you will be there to help.
I totally forgot about P. cambridgei. I'll be going to a rep show this next weekend and ill be looking for her T there.

She's got a dog, 2 horses, cats and chickens. She told me she wants one but not something hard to take care of haha

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
So I guess T. Blondi and a small select few would be out of the question... Get her a P. Met and I'm sure she will love you forever. It's like a diamond, but better :D

Funny thought just crossed my mind... Wouldn't it be funny if someone proposed with like an extremely expensive sling :rolleyes: lol, nevermind. Don't wanna give anyone bad ideas :embarrassed:

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I guess T. Blondi and a small select few would be out of the question... Get her a P. Met and I'm sure she will love you forever. It's like a diamond, but better :D

Funny thought just crossed my mind... Wouldn't it be funny if someone proposed with like an extremely expensive sling :rolleyes: lol, nevermind. Don't wanna give anyone bad ideas :embarrassed:
Lol i wish i had the money for something like that. Buy her the sling and keep it in the vial with the ring around the base :}

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hah! That would work for me! Originality is often admired, and let's face it, diamonds are just so common. I would want something more rare, more beautiful.... *sigh* Hahaha...

Vespula

Arachnodemon
wow. If I ever get married, I'd want my man to propose to me like that! or a ring shaped like a spider, AND a spider! :D

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Wow, so I suppose it WOULDN'T be a bad idea after all :D unless of course she is terrified of spiders... lol, silly people and there "Phobias"!!!