Tarantula eating a scorpion

mattrgraham

Arachnopeon
Anybody ever heard of tarantulas eating scorpions? If so, does anyone know of any published records of this?

Thanks,

Matt

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Perhaps if the tarantula were very large and the scorpion very small this could happen. I'm a tarantula fan boy but a tarantula and scorpion of comparative size will 9 times out of 10 end up with the scorpion getting a very satisfying eight legged dinner. The anatomy of a scorpion is very anti spider.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Perhaps if the tarantula were very large and the scorpion very small this could happen. I'm a tarantula fan boy but a tarantula and scorpion of comparative size will 9 times out of 10 end up with the scorpion getting a very satisfying eight legged dinner. The anatomy of a scorpion is very anti spider.
I agree with him :( scorpions are the king of all inverts.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They all eat eachother, and only if they cant get away. I have seen T´s eat big centipedes, scorpions, Scorps eat centipedes and T´s. It only depends on where they will meet.

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
scorpions have their claws sting and armor to their advantage. A centipede can turn arround and bite while a T can loose a leg or two and just escape. but as Thomas said it depends onn where they meet. a waiting scorpion or tarantulla would most likely suprise and kill most of the prey that walks into their wait, same goes for centipedes. And most of the ties these bugs know what they can take and what not.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All three will eat pretty much anything they can overpower, including each other. Which one wins depends on size and the luck of the draw, nothing more IMO. With weight being equal I'd say it's Centipede eats scorpion eats tarantula. T's may be strong but they're comparatively slow and somewhat less well armed.

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
What if ants got to be the same size as the above mentioned? My pops always liked to say "If ants were as big as dogs, there would be no people." It always kind of made me think..soooo..... What do you think?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ants are hellish abominations and must die immediately if they come within 15 feet of my tarantulas.

ajhere

Arachnopeon
dnt they have idiots on youtube making ts, scorpions and centipedes fight to death

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
dnt they have idiots on youtube making ts, scorpions and centipedes fight to death
Yes, the tarantula always won. IMO the tarantula would not lose to the scorpion, or rather, is not underhanded. I would say the scorpion is.

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
I dont know, however, lets say, they are all the same wieght, then likely the scorpion>centipede,
Tarantula<centipede,
and scorp> tarantula

However, they all have its advantages and disads.

Like tarantulas are slow, has vulnerable rear, yet it has the power to amputate injured legs.

Scorpions, well armed and plated, is VERY vulnerable on its sides and once poisoned, it will likely die in a matter of time as amputation is not common in scorpions.

Centipedes, although very fast, it is long and rather wormlike, a good bodyshape that T's and scorps could grab onto.

Still, dont do these (lol I know you wont, but for others who may read this thread), there already are bunch of vids of arachnids fighting, IMO, we do not need more.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Now what I'd like to see thrown into the mix is 9in wasps.

Or 9in sharks! Oh wait... no. Never mind!
*grumble*

oogie boogie

Arachnopeon
Most of the time it is always about the size.

I dont even want this to happen. But if you pit all the giants in each category. Say a full size Scolopendra gigantea vs Theraposa Blondi vs Heterometrus Swammerdami, the scorp wins most of the fights if not all. The Tarantula being the weak link.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tarantulas are no more weak than any of the others. They are more ambush predator, and if either a big scolopendra or scorpion walked down to a Blondis burrow, i am sure they wont come out again alive, just as a little ball. Probably only male T´s that they encounter out in the open.

but what is the big fascination about these creatures fight it out? i prefer all of them alive.