tarantula dance party.

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
O.K. I have a simple but important question. as i am sitting here watching the N.B.A finals, complete with loud friends and a loud sterio, blasting over the game. I cant help but wonder. is Leonard Little "My shy Semmaani" at all affected by this??? Do i need to move him away from the party? Or does my T enjoy music as much as i do????? :? :?

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
Well, that depends on whether he's rooting for the PISTONS or that other team... ;P

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jayco_heat said:
O.K. I have a simple but important question. as i am sitting here watching the N.B.A finals, complete with loud friends and a loud sterio, blasting over the game. I cant help but wonder. is Leonard Little "My shy Semmaani" at all affected by this??? Do i need to move him away from the party? Or does my T enjoy music as much as i do????? :? :?
Spiders cant hear, because they dont have ears... but they feel every lil movement you make. I think they just get used to it though, I play my guitar really loud by my spiders, and none have ever so much as moved because of it.

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just a speculation, I bet if you played bass really loud, they'd notice the vibrations.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Malkavian said:
Just a speculation, I bet if you played bass really loud, they'd notice the vibrations.
like the 6 12" subs and 2400W i had in my old corolla??? ;) j/k, i'd never submit an animal/arachnid/insect to that...even if i found it immensely enjoyable :p

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A lot of my juvenile tarantulas and slings are on top of my dish washer. I move it to the sink to use it every couple days. The movement and vibrations of it running do not seem to bother them. At least they don't seem to react to any of this. The kitchen can sometimes be a noisy place, but that doesn't seem to upset them any either. They like it more because it is pretty dark during the day when the lights are out.

Sharon

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cricket54 said:
A lot of my juvenile tarantulas and slings are on top of my dish washer. I move it to the sink to use it every couple days. The movement and vibrations of it running do not seem to bother them. At least they don't seem to react to any of this. The kitchen can sometimes be a noisy place, but that doesn't seem to upset them any either. They like it more because it is pretty dark during the day when the lights are out.

Sharon
It just seems like too much noise and vibration can realy tick a tarantula off. and another thing, speaking of darkness, i keep an old bath towell over my Semmaani's cage to keep it dark and private. Am i taking this too far, or is he O.K. I do this because his>>>>or her subtrate is only about 2.5 inches as of now. Is this cool, or does it need SOME light??????