Tarantula Cages.com

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've have been looking at getting one of these for my GBB and the metalica that I will be getting. I like the look of them but I would like to see one or more that has been done up with some decor. Also, would it hold a heat light on top without melting? The only reason I use a heat light is so I can watch at night. If someone has any pics or any feedback it would be greatly appriciated.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree they are very nice, but way to expensive for my taste. I've seen some pictures of people using them, so hopefully they'll come by and and post their pics.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
same, i think there very nice but id rather buy a kk and save some money. i suppose if i had a T that was worth big bucks it might be worth it...

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here's a few shots of some of mine. they are a bit steep on the cost, but i rather give my money to someone who hand makes them than to a corporation.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
avoid them.

The wire mesh vents on them trap the claws of tarantulas. You will have to get your tarantula unhooked from the mesh all time. Saw them at a Seattle show, and watch the dealer go back to the cage to unhook a t. blondi from the mesh 6 times in 20 mins. Not fun for the tarantulas or you. Think about how you get a 9 inch t blondi unstuck from the lid of the cage. If you really want them then place a cloth liner or use plastic/resin to cover up the area where the wire cross each other.

http://books.google.com/books?id=qN...Ai2&sig=JvCK9NKM2WW_3hpLPFY1OuaT4FA#PPA112,M1
Notice the bottom paragraph on the left of the tkg pg 112

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The wire mesh vents on them trap the claws of tarantulas. You will have to get your tarantula unhooked from the mesh all time. Saw them at a Seattle show, and watch the dealer go back to the cage to unhook a t. blondi from the mesh 6 times in 20 mins. Not fun for the tarantulas or you. Think about how you get a 9 inch t blondi unstuck from the lid of the cage. If you really want them then place a cloth liner or use plastic/resin to cover up the area where the wire cross each other.

Hey glad I am not the only one to have seen this. I have one tank, and my gravid Smithi at the time spent all her time biting the mesh and trying to break out, as well as getting legs caught every now and then. She would try and move a new direction and one or two legs was nice and stuck preventing her from doing so. I have side vents on mine. "IF" I ever get more of them the side vents nice as they are will have to go.
I think I am just going to start making my own.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, crap, lol. I bought one of these over the winter, but haven't obtained a resident for it yet, maybe I'll just throw it away :mad:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
NO NO NO i want it give it to me LOL:worship: :worship: :worship: :8o :8o :8o ==== phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
avoid them.

http://books.google.com/books?id=qN...Ai2&sig=JvCK9NKM2WW_3hpLPFY1OuaT4FA#PPA112,M1
Notice the bottom paragraph on the left of the tkg pg 112
i have 5 enclosures, ALL arboreal T's. Haven't seen what you're describing happen to any of my T's. And if this IS a problem, i rather have small mesh vents than a whole mesh panel like on the 5.5gal slide mesh top i also use and have used with arboreals(look at previous post in this thread, pic #3 enclosure in the background).

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have 5 enclosures, ALL arboreal T's. Haven't seen what you're describing happen to any of my T's. And if this IS a problem, i rather have small mesh vents than a whole mesh panel like on the 5.5gal slide mesh top i also use and have used with arboreals(look at previous post in this thread, pic #3 enclosure in the background).
I dont think you will see this be a big problem with arboreal T's. They are meant to climb, have smaller hooks, and are not nearly as clumsy when they are climbing.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I got mine with arboreal intent, it's just like the 2 you have pictured. So no rescues from the mesh, thats good <whew> I don't like the mesh screen tops either, would rather drill a bunch of holes in a plastic hood.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, I see now, didn't understand they get caught between the strands of mesh...good idear, thank you!

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
138-is only the big arboreal cage from tarantulacages.com or all three from him? Where did you get the smaller ones?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
138-is only the big arboreal cage from tarantulacages.com or all three from him? Where did you get the smaller ones?
You can buy smaller ones from tarantulacages.com as well.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the large one with the four vents on the lid and the smaller ones with the two vents on the lid are from Adam(tarantulacages). the real small ones in front of the large one in the pic are container store cubes.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the large one with the four vents on the lid and the smaller ones with the two vents on the lid are from Adam(tarantulacages). the real small ones in front of the large one in the pic are container store cubes.

Oh I thought she was talking about the smaller versions not the cubes... was she?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Would these be good for a P. Metallica. That would be the only reason I would get one. Are there any other companies that make some awesome T. cages?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Would these be good for a P. Metallica. That would be the only reason I would get one. Are there any other companies that make some awesome T. cages?
I think it would work fine for a P.metallica. I don't think there are other places that make cages specifaclly for Ts, but there are people that do it themselves that might be able to help you.