Tarantula Blog

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
I tried to post this in off topic, apparently I can't. Here is a blog post about lessons I have learned from a Spider. I'm new at blogging, so forgive if it ain't the best. Wouldn't mind constructive criticism and feedback. Would love some follows too! There will be more tarantula talk in the future!
So here is Lessons from a Spider
http://wp.me/p50kPC-y

Casey K

Arachnoknight
I enjoyed reading your blog. It is very sweet how you can relate man to Tarantula and how we can learn from each other. I hope all others share the same views, aspects and ideas as you. You truly have a deep passion for this hobby.......now, to work on increasing your T count! ;)

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
I enjoyed reading your blog. It is very sweet how you can relate man to Tarantula and how we can learn from each other. I hope all others share the same views, aspects and ideas as you. You truly have a deep passion for this hobby.......now, to work on increasing your T count! ;)
Lol! Yep! Gonna pick one or two up this weekend. Really been eyeing a G. Iheringi. Possibly a GBB or another arboreal like a Pokie.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Lol! Yep! Gonna pick one or two up this weekend. Really been eyeing a G. Iheringi. Possibly a GBB or another arboreal like a Pokie.
You can never go wrong with a poecie! ;). G. Iheringi is a beautiful T. I've owned 2.3 adults. :) Aggressive eaters! Beautiful black & raspberry sheen.....

Casey K

Arachnoknight
So you drove from NC down to SC just to get your package? That's too sweet, lol....I live in SC....which city in SC did you have to go to?

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
So you drove from NC down to SC just to get your package? That's too sweet, lol....I live in SC....which city in SC did you have to go to?
The FedEx facility is just past the State line (or right on it) near Pineville.

symbol

Arachnopeon
I enjoyed the personal growth metaphor. :)

I do have two slightly nit-picky details to point out (since you asked for c&c):
1. Only the genus is capitalized when giving Latin names. So it would be Brachypelma smithi or B. smithi, but not B. Smithi.
2. Toward the end of the post you wrote "Surely many a false information would be thrown out." Personally I would change it to "much false information" or "many misconceptions" as the "many a false information" construction seems awkward (and grammatically questionable) to me.

Those are really the only two things that I would change though. It seems like a very warm and thoughtful post and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks again for sharing.

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
I enjoyed the personal growth metaphor. :)

I do have two slightly nit-picky details to point out (since you asked for c&c):
1. Only the genus is capitalized when giving Latin names. So it would be Brachypelma smithi or B. smithi, but not B. Smithi.
2. Toward the end of the post you wrote "Surely many a false information would be thrown out." Personally I would change it to "much false information" or "many misconceptions" as the "many a false information" construction seems awkward (and grammatically questionable) to me.

Those are really the only two things that I would change though. It seems like a very warm and thoughtful post and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks for the correction and suggestions!