Tarantula bites and alcohol.

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 27, 2002
Messages
219
I've always heard that one should not drink alcoholic beverages after being bitten by venomous animals.

My question is, how long should the bitten person wait before drinking again?
 

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
320
I usually wait until the visions of venomous animals go away for at least a day.
 

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 3, 2002
Messages
2,117
I never heard this.

I'd be interested to hear more about it though.

Jon
 

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 27, 2002
Messages
551
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I never heard this.

I'd be interested to hear more about it though.

Jon
true, dont drink after getting bit, booze is a blood thinner, the thinner the blood, the faster the venom travels, causing more damage or pain.
 

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 9, 2002
Messages
187
This would explain why the beer did NOT numb the pain from the catfish sting i had few years back...

-e-
 

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
1,123
Originally posted by mebebraz
true, dont drink after getting bit, booze is a blood thinner, the thinner the blood, the faster the venom travels, causing more damage or pain.
On a completely non-related note, this is why you shouldn't drink, for a week after getting a tatt. It thins the blood, causing the ink to leach out. (so I've been told) When I got my armbands, I went with a friend. She got drunk that night. The next few days, her armbands of dolphins turned into a dark, unintelligable mess..
Peace,
Gillian
 

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 3, 2002
Messages
2,117
.@ mebebraz: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I'll never have choose though.

@ Gillian: Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I'll have to choose many more times though :D .

Jon
:D
 

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 27, 2002
Messages
1,258
Originally posted by mebebraz
true, dont drink after getting bit, booze is a blood thinner, the thinner the blood, the faster the venom travels, causing more damage or pain.
Don't forget a wicked buzz!

Bill
 

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 27, 2002
Messages
219
Originally posted by mebebraz
true, dont drink after getting bit, booze is a blood thinner, the thinner the blood, the faster the venom travels, causing more damage or pain.
Oh, I know not to drink after being bitten, but my question is about HOW LONG after being bitten I shouldn't drink.

I mean, even after the effects of the venom seem to go away, I could imagine there might be residual venom stuck to the neurons (or, uh, something like that).

Or is it like, after you stop feeling the effects of the venom, you can go ahead and start drinking again?
 

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 27, 2002
Messages
551
How often have you been bit to worry about drinking?:?
 

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
258
Lol I'm sorry to drag this back up, but I happened to come across this thread and it made me laugh. :p

Is this true though? You shouldn't drink after being bitten by venomous animals? Don't pain killers thin your blood too?...
 

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
1,355
Alcohol is essentially a toxin that your liver has to work overtime to break down. If I was bitten, I wouldn't want to make my body work twice as hard. Also, some painkillers will thin the blood, not all.
 
Top