Tarantula behavior

SpiderQueenLizzy

Arachnopeon
So I just rehoused my a. seemanni and after a little while she was just fine and started exploring her environment. A few hours later I changed the hide with something better. Now, I'm not so sure anymore. I may be jumping the gun and just have to wait a little longer. But she's been in the same position in a corner behind her new hide for a while. She isn't dead, her abdomen is fat, and she has a water dish. Should I be worried or should I just give her time? I just want some feed back. Thank you!
P.S.
Please ignore the last thread I posted about an odd smell in my GBB's cage. She's fine, everything's fine now. Sorry I couldn't get back to all the peeps that replied. Thank you.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So I just rehoused my a. seemanni and after a little while she was just fine and started exploring her environment. A few hours later I changed the hide with something better. Now, I'm not so sure anymore. I may be jumping the gun and just have to wait a little longer. But she's been in the same position in a corner behind her new hide for a while. She isn't dead, her abdomen is fat, and she has a water dish. Should I be worried or should I just give her time?
When you rehouse a tarantula or make major changes to its enclosure, it can take a while (days to weeks) for it to settle in.

That being said, please post pictures of the tarantula and its enclosure so we can see if there are any obvious problems.

SpiderQueenLizzy

Arachnopeon
1496967937156-70914980.jpg 1496967937156-70914980.jpg 14969679772281454231429.jpg
When you rehouse a tarantula or make major changes to its enclosure, it can take a while (days to weeks) for it to settle in.

That being said, please post pictures of the tarantula and its enclosure so we can see if there are any obvious problems.
These are some pictures of her.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
These are some pictures of her.
I think she looks OK, but she may appreciate deeper substrate for burrowing. (Many seemanni will burrow if given the chance.) I would mostly bury the hide and dig a starter burrow at the entrance with your finger.

SpiderQueenLizzy

Arachnopeon
I think she looks OK, but she may appreciate deeper substrate for burrowing. (Many seemanni will burrow if given the chance.) I would mostly bury the hide and dig a starter burrow at the entrance with your finger.
Ok, that's very reassuring. Thank you!