Tarantula behavior... some things they do amuse me

OxDionysus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh I almost forgot.. One of my Versicolors will run to the water bowl (after I clean and refill it) and then poop in it. Almost every time

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Oh I almost forgot.. One of my Versicolors will run to the water bowl (after I clean and refill it) and then poop in it. Almost every time
That reminds me, that I need to rephrase what I said about my A.avic doing nothing, she does poop in her water dish VERY well, so I guess that's something lol

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Every once in a blue moon, our P. cambridgei will let me pet her toes. I know petting a tarantula sounds impossible, but in this case it is possible and super d dooper cute. I will attempt to explain how..........................................................................................
First, this is our neatest T, she is always doing something fascinating, but in this case..................She responds to little puffs of air(I mean little, should you be trying to play a woodwind instrument, you wouldn't make a sound) in her ventilation holes that are at ground level for her. She will come and investigate them, which for her means trying to fit all her toes through the hole. The hole is not big enough for her to have any chance of biting me, but she can cram several toes through it. She then will endure of few petting like movements, just to feel the setae on her legs. I have been lucky enough to have her do this 3 separate times in the last couple of months and the next time I get her to do it; I will catch it on video, now that we have that capability.:D

I want to get video of her chasing the sound waves of a didgeridoo being played as well. That is even cooler, but I can't do that one without Mr. Gone's help.:)

The only T we have that really ever messed with their water dish, was our P. murinus. It would bury it for months and then suddenly decide to unearth it for a week or so. We always took this as a sign that it wanted water, so we would fill it up. Week goes by and the dish is under substrate and web again. All these Ts rolling around their water dishes, sounds like cuteness overload to me.:p

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Mature female rosie likes to get intoxicated and send me unappropriate texts at all hours of the night.

coleopteran

Arachnopeon
My Mature female rosie likes to get intoxicated and send me unappropriate texts at all hours of the night.
LOL!

My P. cambridgei manages to throw leftover roaches out of its tube hide across the enclosure and into the water dish. everytime. it also only poos on the door which makes for easy cleaning :)

starscreamzx3

Arachnopeon
I have a P. platyomma who seems to enjoy setting her water dish on end. Usually it's wedged between a piece of grapewood and the wall (always vertically on its side) but once she just balanced it on edge right in the middle of the cage. I had to get a picture of that.

Thats just creepy.

My G. Rosea is constaly digging and moving the substrate around and everyonce in a while she will stop and take her back leg and rub her abdomen.....its like she's scratching her butt!

valcan222

Arachnopeon
6 days in and my first story!!

alright i got one for ya, my G. rosea wich i purchased 6 days ago did something crazy in my mind. I decided i would try to see if she was hungry i went out bought a few crickets, immediatly as i droped 2 in she chases them around the tank!! almost kicking them like a soccer ball! she soon gets them both in her hide. then she goes in. all i see is her pulling two dead crickets out about 5 mins later. she then took them to the top of her hide and ate them!

looked like something out of a horror movie! really quite funny to watch though

BB