Tarantula Art!

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know it kind of sucks, but i just started it, it's no where near finished but when it is, i'll put up pictures of the finished project, how does it look so far? Honest opions if it sucks, say it. Thanks!!
Mike

Attachments

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
it looks nice, but i dont like the person being there looks kinda of movish cheesy lol :D maybe replace with a cricket or something? or nothing at all?

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I think its pretty good, although perhaps could use more hair?

In fact, its very good. But, whys he eating a person? Giant T I guess? Hehe.

Thats what scared me of spiders when I was little.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oops, dumb me, sorry about that, i didn't explain it, it might sound a little better now... It's for my art class, we were given the topic "Honey i srunk the kids" and make a picture of me or someone else srunk in some kind of crazy situation.. i just made mine be me getting eaten by a tarantula. :)
Mike

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks.. yea teh hair wont go on yet, it's just done in pencil now with virtually no detail. That comes with the color! :) i hope to finish this soon, hopefully in te next week or two!
Mike

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
oops, dumb me, sorry about that, i didn't explain it, it might sound a little better now... It's for my art class, we were given the topic "Honey i srunk the kids" and make a picture of me or someone else srunk in some kind of crazy situation.. i just made mine be me getting eaten by a tarantula. :)
Mike
oooooh right lol i get it, nah its cool, great for the outline :D be sure to post us again once your coloured it ;)

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
I think it looks great! Can't wait to see the finished piece. Please keep us posted. :D

Debby

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
make a puddle of blood coming off the body to make it look like he's been bit a few times already!

Risto

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It sucks beyond imagination, dude. Don't quit your day job. ;P

Seriously, it looks pretty good. I'd like to see the finished product.

Bry

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks good so far ... But the fangs don't look good... At least, IMHO that is, they are just too well, straight.

Dennis

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks like a promising start for an art project. I would be tempted to make the human a little larger to increase the image's readability and for a more compact composition. You'll get more drama and action in the image if you move one or two of the tarantula's legs into a non-symmetrical position.

Just my thoughts. Stick with it and thanks for showing us.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You have already had enough compliments so I won't go there. I need to pick on the fangs. They should be curved inward more. They kinda look too straight down, if you know what I mean.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Mike,
Awesome! You freehanded that?! VERY nice...wish I could still draw...(damn tremor):(
Peace,
Gillian

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everyone, yea i really don't like the fangs ethier, i worked on them and drawn and erased and drawn and erased so many times it just made me mad so i stopped and left that so i wouldn't just stab the paper with my pencil, but i will try to get them looking more T like, the whole fact that the fangs are just straight out is pretty bad, but i need them to be showing, but i'll work on it :) Thanks everyone, yup it's free hand... I actually took a picture of my G. rosea eating a cricket and just kind of used that picture as a referance, but i'll see what happens with TRYING to make everything look good. Everything said helps me make it look better, so pick it apart and say anything you think looks weird. Thanks again.
Mike

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Alright, if you really want to hear some negative things about it ... or things that could be improved ... here I go.

Lefgt hind leg isn't showing completely
Right 2nd last leg isn't showing completely either

Maybe this doesn't have much to do with the picture ... but let some blood flow :p

Dennis

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pic mike!

is it coloured or just B&W :)
(hows the albo, by the way?)
peace
dave

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Looks good so far ... But the fangs don't look good... At least, IMHO that is, they are just too well, straight.

Dennis
I too thought the fangs don't look right, but a non t person won't be able to tell the difference.
Ed