Tanzanian NEON BLUE

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone know much about Tanzanian NEON BLUE (Trachycormocephalus sp..), as it is listed on Bill @ invertepet's site? They are really wild but I have never owned a pede before. I am in the process of ordering a scorp from Bill right now and if all goes well I am deffinetly getting of of these buggers this summer! Just want to do a little research on them first. Thanks for the help.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They like it on the dry side, it seems, with decent heat (75-80ish with a range across the enclosure, like the corner of a heatpad under 1/4 of the floorspace). Always keep a waterdish filled - overfilling it slightly, saturating the substrate immediately around the dish every 3 days or whenever it needs it.

They're not a huge species, all the ones I've seen have been 4" or less. I think they may get upwards of 5-6", but I doubt much more.

bill

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool, thanks. What type of substraight would you reccomend? How about things to climb on? There venom, does it pack a punch or not as bad as some? What size tank would make it happy? Thanks again!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I kept mine on peat and vermiculite. I wouldn't think you would need larger than a 2 1/2 gallon tank with these. As Bill said, they don't get very large from what I've seen of them. I would put a piece of corkbark in the tank for it to hang out under. Mine was a burrower for the most part, but occaisionally came out to play. Haven't heard of any bites from this species so venom potency is unknown, but if they go according to other similiar sized pedes, it probably wouldn't be that bad.

Scott