tank setups

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Here are some of my Pokes, displayed on the stand my husband built for me as a Christmas gift. I really wish I had a spider room, since my collection is scattered all over my house, but I'd keep these in my living room even if I did have a spider room because they are so decorative. It's not like with the obligate burrowers, where you have people squinting at a seemingly empty tank of dirt and saying, "What's in there?" and you have to explain it contains a spider you see maybe once every three months!

Joy
 
Last edited:

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
1,123
Joy,
WOW! Very nice! Is your husband a Welder?

Peace,
Gillian
 

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Originally posted by Gillian
Joy,
WOW! Very nice! Is your husband a Welder?

Peace,
Gillian
Not by trade, but he does a lot of metal working as a hobby. It's some compensation for the fact that my car has to sit outside the garage more nights than it's inside!

Joy
 

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
1,123
Joy,
For a hobbyist, he does very nice work. He could make a living at that. You know, all us nutty hobbyists. :) In regards to your garage, I think that's what happens more often than not. My parent's garage looks like a flea market..=D

Peace,
Gillian
 

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
1,034
Originally posted by Joy
Here are some of my Pokes, displayed on the stand my husband built for me as a Christmas gift. I really wish I had a spider room, since my collection is scattered all over my house, but I'd keep these in my living room even if I did have a spider room because they are so decorative. It's not like with the obligate burrowers, where you have people squinting at a seemingly empty tank of dirt and saying, "What's in there?" and you have to explain it contains a spider you see maybe once every three months!

Joy
very nice looking, Joy!
did your husband use 1" square tubing? what did he use for the shelf part?
are you using the brand of enclosures that have the plastic air vents in the side? (I am always looking at everyone elses setups for ideas for my setups).
Ed
 

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Originally posted by atavuss
very nice looking, Joy!
did your husband use 1" square tubing? what did he use for the shelf part?
are you using the brand of enclosures that have the plastic air vents in the side? (I am always looking at everyone elses setups for ideas for my setups).
Ed
He used 1 X 1" square tubing except for the four long pieces under the vivarium shelves which are 1 X 2" tubing. The shelves are 5/8" laminated pine. Yes, those are E2 enclosures with side ventilators (bought at Petsmart). They struck me as almost ideal for large arboreals. I've been using them several months now, and so far they seem to be working very well.

Joy
 

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
756
How much did they cost you? Seems as though they'd make you go broke after buying that many..
 

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joined
Dec 14, 2002
Messages
2,433
Steve, you did see those wanted dead or alive posters on me too? ;-)

"I was thinking you were getting out of the T's Lelle. I hope you change your mind my friend, and why the hell aren't you advertising that awesome site of yours in a signature or something???"

No no, Im still in buisness - but a more modest collection nowadays. But Im planning on getting a few more t´s as soon our winter is history. Hmm yes Thanks for your kind words on my site.

Ed,

"crotalus is Lelle? the same Lelle that married Susan here in california?"

Yep, thats me and I divorcing her now... Aint life strange.

Paul,

"Nice Work! Thirty dollars for three is not bad at all! What size are they, Crotalus?"

Thanks. They are 30x40x30cm (L H W).

Bridget,

"Would you mind giving us instructions on how you made those? They look great! Rick and I would love to know how to make them ourselves."

Oh its not hard at all. I order the glass pieces and the glass sliding aluminium .. ehhh.. dont know the word... at a local glass dealer. Glue them together with aquarium transparent silicon. I use aluminium mesh for top ventilation.
Remember to clean the glass properly (I use aceton) before putting the silicon on. I make my own snake terrariums pretty much in the same way.

Joy, your shelf and cages look great!

/Lelle
 

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
1,034
Originally posted by Crotalus
Steve, you did see those wanted dead or alive posters on me too? ;-)


Ed,

"crotalus is Lelle? the same Lelle that married Susan here in california?"

Yep, thats me and I divorcing her now... Aint life strange.


/Lelle
any chance I could see the wanted posters? I have a few people I would like to be able to make up that type of poster for as a joke.........

sorry it did not work out for you and Susan, Lelle.......
Ed
 

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
1,786
Originally posted by Crotalus
Steve, you did see those wanted dead or alive posters on me too? ;-)
/Lelle
Hi Lelle,
No, but now you've mentioned them ;)

I know you kept your B.smithi and P.regalis, what are you thinking of getting into now?? Any particular type of thera??

Thanks,
Steve
 

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joined
Dec 14, 2002
Messages
2,433
Steve, no not anything special - just a few Phormictopus, genics and a few other eye candy :)
Getting more snakes so I must try to save some space...

/Lelle
 

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Joined
Oct 12, 2002
Messages
903
Originally posted by Crotalus
[B

Joy, your shelf and cages look great!

/Lelle [/B]
Thank you, Lelle, and I will return the compliment! It's good to see you on this site :)

Joy
 
Top