tank plants

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what live plants can be used in an emperor tank in a room that gets very ittle sunlight?

looking for either low light plants/ plants the emperors wont trample. can infra red heat lamps support any type of house plant?

dont know to much about botany and looking to liven up some tanks, any info would be helpful.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pothos vines are pretty tough, don't need much light and can grow in virtually any substrate.
You could try Creeping ficus, clubmoss (Selaginella), or a few smaller fern species as well.
Tillandsia's (Air plants) might work, but I find that they do best with some sunlight.

I think trampling would be less of a problem as opposed to digging/burying. Just make sure you don't use anything expansive in there.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive had a little bamboo plant in my emp tank for like 5 months now and it has done great with little lighting(just a redbulb heat lamp), in coco fiber and average humidy you would expect in an emp tank. I just put it in and its been doing great without any thing special besides normal emp tank specs. I found mine at petco, they look like this: