Taming the Ogre- keeping web casters.

NYAN

Arachnoking
@Rhino1 I have mature females and some males of another species. I believe this male here is penultimate. Do you agree?

8D5921ED-B866-4FD8-88DB-3A0518D607CC.jpeg

Mimzy68

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the great post! Can the Deinopis aspectans be kept in a planted enclosure (nothing too humid) so long as it has strategically place twigs and a flattish rock, leaves, or something to cover the substrate? I have well ventilated. front opening enclosures that are 8x8x!2". From the description on how moist to keep the substrate and letting it almost dry out before watering again, it sounds like forgiving Pothos type plants could do well in there, but is that even too much humidity? Again, really appreciate the information in this post! There's not a lot about them online, unlike jumping spiders. I have 3 Phidippus regius and, my very first spider, is an audax. So far I absolutely love being a spider keeper and can't imagine not having them in my life now. Once I have more experience, I'd really like a Deinopis to be my next adventure with arachnids. : )

DustyD

Arachnoknight
It was a very educational and interesting read. The OP has not been on for about two years, so hopefully others can help further flesh out these spiders.

Mimzy68

Arachnopeon
Yikes! That was my very first post. I'm new to message boards and didn't even think to check the date. lol Thank you for the heads up. : )

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Yikes! That was my very first post. I'm new to message boards and didn't even think to check the date. lol Thank you for the heads up. : )
It’s a great thread! And a few of the commenters from this thread are still active here.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you for the great post! Can the Deinopis aspectans be kept in a planted enclosure (nothing too humid) so long as it has strategically place twigs and a flattish rock, leaves, or something to cover the substrate? I have well ventilated. front opening enclosures that are 8x8x!2". From the description on how moist to keep the substrate and letting it almost dry out before watering again, it sounds like forgiving Pothos type plants could do well in there, but is that even too much humidity? Again, really appreciate the information in this post! There's not a lot about them online, unlike jumping spiders. I have 3 Phidippus regius and, my very first spider, is an audax. So far I absolutely love being a spider keeper and can't imagine not having them in my life now. Once I have more experience, I'd really like a Deinopis to be my next adventure with arachnids. : )
The thread is 4 years old unfortunately. Like the other guy said, hopefully you can get some help here.