Taking Pictures Of Tarantulas

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi everyone, i have always wanted to take pictures of my tarantula (b. smithi, have an A. Geniculata on the way) because i have relitives and people who want to see my spider but do not visit often. Also to post on forums such as these so people can help me if i have problems with my tarantula that can be visibally identified. Anyways, i have a good digital camera but will the flash bother my tarantula? I know if i was sitting in the dark most of my life and someone flashed me id be pretty mad, let alone blinded! =). So let me know please if the flash bothers tarantulas or if the best thing to do is get as much light on them as possible and take the picture without a flash?

Thanks,

Mark

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I certainly hope not, since I do it to them constantly LOL!
In fact, some of mine even pose for the camera.....either that, or they are temporarily stunned ;)

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I posted a similar thread months ago, and the consensus is that the flash will not affect the tarantula.
I've since taken pictures of all mine and they don't even react to the flash going off.

P

Phillip

spider pics...

The flash won't bother them but it is bad to wash or alter the colors. I never use it at all and prefer to just take the pics indoors in good light with no flash. Outdoors works also and is great for true colors but my camera tends to act screwy in the sun.
Phil