taking picts of black T's

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
it is so hard for me to take picts of it. My picts are coming out either bleached out by the flash, or come out as dark blobs.
My attempt at the g. pulchra, freshly molted:

Attachments

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Looks OK to me...

They look ok to me. BTW nice G. pulchra. How big is it now after the molt?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Try using a good light source, and take it without flash. Just don't leave the spotlight on him all day. ;)

Bill

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
she didnt grow much..

it is still hard to tell because everytime I look in at it, the legs are kinda pulled up ...but she definetly has a smaller abdomen...she is about 51/2 inches, I would guess.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Expanding on Bill's suggestion. I have found that using two of the reflector lamps with the 13-15w compact fluorescent bulbs in them gives you plenty of light to photograph w/o the flash and will nearly rid you of shadow...though shadow can sometimes be good. The fluorsecents also give off much less heat than regular incandescent lightbulbs allowing for more safety for the animal and shoot time if the critter is behaving well.

John
];')

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those pics look pretty good to me rapunzel. The hardest thing for me was trying to get a nice looking picture of my Cobalt Blue. I have several blurry photos, but the ones that are nice and clear came out pretty good overall. at least one of them you can see the nice blue irridescence on the legs with the aid of a blacklight. The thing with a burrower like that I guess is to get them at night when they're feeding. My Cobalt just stood there letting me take snapshots. She even turned to the other side to let me get a shot of her good side.

Last edited: