Tailless whip scorpion (Damon diadema) How long do they live?

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:confused: Tailless whip scorpion (Damon diadema) How long do they live? anyone know? anyone have any that are CB?

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I recall 7-8 years as adults being posted here by Wade.

CB individuals mature at around a year of age.

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thank you so much for the info. I was hopeing they lived a long time.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have a female that was WC as an adult who is now 15. They live a LONG time.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOWOW! How old was it when it was caught?(i.e. did it appear to be a young or old adult?)

In case you are wondering how to answer above question shorter pedipalps denote younger individuals...across both sexes.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wasn't actually around when it was first brought in.... as that was 15 years ago. I couldn't tell you what it looked like then, but she was described to me as 'already an adult'.

I've never heard of aging an adult by pedipalp length after maturity is reached....do you have any good sources for this? In fact....I think I have some younger mature females with longer palps than the oldies.

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
THat is to awesome , I have been doing loads of reseach in there care and breeding but in no articals or books I have found how long they lived. It is a relife to know that they live a long time. I get attached to the pets I keep so I don't buy anything that dose not have a life span of at least 5 years.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HAHA! I work and do research in the Rayor lab, have for over 2 years.. That is where the old female is from. I guess I'll ask Dr. Rayor on Monday what she thinks of that way of telling their age....like I said I've never heard of that before but I learn new things all the time so maybe. But, I am still very skeptical.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow...thats awesome! I wonder how she obtained Delena cancerides for her studies. I know she i probably under some kind of agreement...perhaps with the Aussie government but those would be cool spiders to keep.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, we have collected wild Delena twice over the past six years. She does have a very strict agreement with the Australian government. They aren't going to be making it into the hobby area any time soon.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well...considering the import of several aussie t's i wouldn't be surprised if it could happen soon. But i don't think their is much interest/awareness in the states.